not sure

TS462

Seasoned Expediter
I just left my company and went to work for another company I was in there Wed class of 20 but there Mon class had about 92 in it and most of them were there friday when i left not sure that was such a good idea to move ????

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
TS, you've been a member here for several months - did you not ever read the many posts that advise researching a move BEFORE you make it? I am sorry to sound harsh about it, but come on - didn't you know what you were moving into? After you've jumped is not the right time to check out the landing zone!

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The worse thing you can do to yourself is make a move and not research where you want to go. Now all these drivers in the class.what type of Truck do they drive? Just because there is alot of people there don't mean you all will be competing for the same loads.Do your self a big favor go to the Expo and talk to everyone.Hit the Recruiters stop people walking around ask questions. Then when your happy with the answers you get...research some more then make your move.

Owner/Operator since 1979
Expediter since 1997
B Unit Semi Retired
Somedays are Diamonds and Somedays are Stones
Home is Wherever you Park.
The Price of Freedom is Written on the Wall.

fortwayne

Not a Member
Not to be rude, bold or just being honest but that sounds like a Tri-State or Panther sized class to be. Care to tell us or drop me a private message.
But that is the size class that fits both of them.

Fort Wayne
Guided By God

TS462

Seasoned Expediter
Ok sorry i wasn't clear but i have read many post about this company both good and bad. And now not sure i made the right move it sounded good at the time but after seeing the class sizes it makes me wounder if it was the right choice but i guess only time will tell

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I can't see where identifying the carrier would add anything helpful to the subject, really - it's not their fault, is it?

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Bob or your So
Go with a name you can trust...
We have been down that road starting with Conway and I gotta tell ya that everyone has a point of do we do it or don't we???
Pick your friends early on and you will embrace rewards later.
Our carrier of choice Fecc and for 3 years no regrets.
They are not perfect but they are close.
Mike

romoore245

Expert Expediter
Pretty sure this was a panther class. We were in town on Friday having some QC repairs made, and got to see the show. Newbies everywhere, stressing out. We told several to relocate to get started, but the recruiters were steadily saying just keep sitting here you will get your load. Even told someone 50 loads a day come out of Seville. Yet the people from the Monday class were still there. Some folks must have got loaded though. We left the shop at five on Friday and was put in at 12th on the board. So 92 for Monday 30 for wed that's a lot of trucks for a week in any location. That means a whole lot of loads did come up, and any still waiting from monday must have turned down loads to still be sitting. We relocated anyway, don't want to get bumped to the bottom over a mini. Someone also said it seemed more people were quiting than hiring. Just normal turnover after a holiday week.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Ok. Let me just say that I have had four calls in the last 30 days asking ME if my little company was taking on O/Os. They either found my web page, business card or got the number off of my truck as I was around town. (I am a one truck company.) A lot of people are talking about how their freight numbers have been a little off in the last month or so. All of these folks were getting nervous because of a slow few weeks and wanted to jump ship. My advice: Stay where you are unless you just CANNOT work with your present carrier.

It always costs you money when you switch companies, ie. uniforms, decals, training time, paperwork learning curve, dispatch system, etc. Now that you've moved, I would just say to stick it out. You will always have doubts when you step out and make a business decision. Was it a bad decision? Maybe not. I would buckle down and learn your new company backwards and forwards. Things will change and in time you will be able to tell.

By the way, don't worry about what everone else at your comapny is doing. Just keep your sights toward your business goals.

Drive Safe!

Jeff

Driver for 15 years
O/O for 13 years
OOIDA #829119

The Enemy

Veteran Expediter
>
>By the way, don't worry about what everone else at your
>comapny is doing. Just keep your sights toward your
>business goals.
>
>
>Drive Safe!
>
>Jeff
>
>Driver for 15 years
>O/O for 13 years
>OOIDA #829119

I have to say that is some of the best advice I have heard on this forum.

Nick M.
O/O
Tri State #044

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just remember that when the grass is greener on the other side of the fence the water bill is also a lot higher.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA Life Member 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.