Not sure this was even noticed?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Government fiscal year ended September 30th with us 19.5 trillion in debt. Many know that part. What I found interesting is that is a increase of 1.5 trillion over last year. Wonder where it went? Total silence. That increase puts us at roughly 7 or 8 percent of GDP. The 2008 bank bailout was somewhere around 700 billion and was just under 5 percent of GDP. That aside, what I find amazing is 2016 was third highest level of spending EVER.

There is no bank bailouts, wars are suppose to be over (wink) where did it all go? Ummm? Sadly, I think social security and medicare are going to get a good hit unless there is a huge bump in taxes. Nope, not enough corporations or rich people to pay it all. Even taking all the military spending, parks, Obamer jet you name it, doesn't even come close to the costs of those two programs. Disability ran out sort of and it had to be refunded. Going to be a bumpy ride coming. Still wonder where 1.5 trillion went? :eek:

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
According to my old boss, probably wasted on repositioning trucks.
That's where all wasted money went.

TDave

Expert Expediter
Government fiscal year ended September 30th with us 19.5 trillion in debt. Many know that part. What I found interesting is that is a increase of 1.5 trillion over last year. Wonder where it went? Total silence. That increase puts us at roughly 7 or 8 percent of GDP. The 2008 bank bailout was somewhere around 700 billion and was just under 5 percent of GDP. That aside, what I find amazing is 2016 was third highest level of spending EVER.

There is no bank bailouts, wars are suppose to be over (wink) where did it all go? Ummm? Sadly, I think social security and medicare are going to get a good hit unless there is a huge bump in taxes. Nope, not enough corporations or rich people to pay it all. Even taking all the military spending, parks, Obamer jet you name it, doesn't even come close to the costs of those two programs. Disability ran out sort of and it had to be refunded. Going to be a bumpy ride coming. Still wonder where 1.5 trillion went? :eek:

Wait until around 2026. Estimates put the national debt around 30 trillion dollars........

Sent from my SM-G930P using EO Forums mobile app

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Government fiscal year ended September 30th with us 19.5 trillion in debt. Many know that part. What I found interesting is that is a increase of 1.5 trillion over last year.
Obama is a busy man. When he took over in January 2009, the total national debt stood at $10.6 trillion. When he leaves it will be right at $20 trillion. That's the legacy he'll have - the $20 Trillion Man.

Where did that extra $1.5 trillion go? It's not like it was spent on world peace or the eradication of hunger or poverty, or even fixing the crumbling national infrastructure. There wasn't any sizeable uptick in war spending, either. They simply pissed it all away on the baked-in, hard-coded overspending and bureaucratic administrative waste. Even in the best of times when nothing weird happens government spending is out of control.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
On a side note, Saw Hillary on the news blasting Trump for writing off 900 million in 95. He lost his OWN money while Hillary lost 6 Billion of taxpayer money in the state department that they have yet to find. Just an observation from a distance. o_O

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
On a side note, Saw Hillary on the news blasting Trump for writing off 900 million in 95. He lost his OWN money while Hillary lost 6 Billion of taxpayer money in the state department that they have yet to find. Just an observation from a distance. o_O
Then there's the little fact she used the same deductions on her 2015 taxes she is on trump about.

Clinton Campaign Admits Hillary Used Same Tax Avoidance "Scheme" As Trump | Zero Hedge

Sent from my SM-G925T using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: muttly

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Then there's the little fact she used the same deductions on her 2015 taxes she is on trump about.

Clinton Campaign Admits Hillary Used Same Tax Avoidance "Scheme" As Trump | Zero Hedge

Sent from my SM-G925T using EO Forums mobile app
Using and writing off net operating costs is totally legal and used pretty frequently. Actually, it can be a double write off. If Trump borrows 400 mil for a billion dollar sky scraper, he can write of the total for that year, two years prior, and 15 years after. Eighteen years in total . Bank is out their money so they are writing their loss off as well. If done correctly, everyone wins. Just how it is set up. If the following year, Trump brings in 60 million, and so forth, he or anyone else would have no tax on that amount.

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
Many many business men, and even everyday people with their investments, lost a huge amount of their fortunes back then...

Frankly, if losing 900 million enables me to be worth 10 billion dollars 20 years later, SIGN ME UP!!!!

Reactions: davekc

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What kind a genius loses a billion dollars in one year?
Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

That was posted as a joke, right? What you really meant to ask was what kind of criminal steals and hides SIX billion dollars of taxpayer money? Oh yeah, a criminal like Hillary. Not just a criminal like Hillary. The actual criminal Hillary.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

during the real estate crash and banks crashing...Fanny Mae comes to mind:....we all remember that...people lost well over 50% of their house value....the regular guy lost a few $100,000 thousand overnight in equity ....so one can imagine what real estate developers lost....

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
SHOOT THAT WAS A GOOD CATCH WHAT HAPPEND TO THE MONEY HOW ABOUT IRANS PAY OFF. MAYBE HMMM MAYBE YA KNOW THERE WAS AMERICAN MONEY AND FOREIGN CURRANCEY AS WELL RIGHT.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

during the real estate crash and banks crashing...Fanny Mae comes to mind:....we all remember that...people lost well over 50% of their house value....the regular guy lost a few $100,000 thousand overnight in equity ....so one can imagine what real estate developers lost....
However, equity is just numbers on paper, not real money that can be written off as a business loss.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

However, equity is just numbers on paper, not real money that can be written off as a business loss.
Real estate is a still an investment... Lose that investment ... That's a loss