Not Happy

flattop40

Expert Expediter
I have put off posting this thread for awhile. I am going to be vague but sometime in the last 2 months we took a load and it had the amount that was paid for shipping on it. Now I know we have had many discussions about why we lost our dime and when will it come back but I did the math and if we get 62% of the total amount then we would have made well over $1 but instead we got the STANDARD cargo van rate at .70 plus .09fsc:mad:

I understand how business works and sometimes you make more on one deal and less on another and it is SUPPOSED to all balance out but when they say they can't give us our dime back and yet they still have some accounts that they are making a killing on, it would be nice if they spread the love on these better loads.

The sad thing is I am not asking for anything that was not told to us by recruiting/orientation/website http://www.express-1.com/Library/VP_Compensation.pdf

We have busted our behinds for them. We drive in bad weather, all night long, go out for weeks to months at a time, and yet they don't seem to be doing the same for us. If, as they say, we are the reason they are in business then show us some love too.

I know this years theme is "Progress in Motion" well I say as drivers it should be "its time for the dime"

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am going to try to be polite...

What the heck took you so long to realize this? :eek:

They've given promotions, created new department heads, rehired and hired new staff, Bought another company..their stock is thru the roof. Times have never been so good....

They can cook the books anyway they want...

All things considered the .70 is completely unreasonable.

I like your slogan .."It's Time for the Dime":D

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Just rereviewed my contract. What I signed was this

B base rate up to 2000# .80/mile
B major account rate .70/mile

C Base rate 2001# to 5000#1.05/mile
C major account 1.00/mile

That is the contract I signed. This is what I agreed too. When did every account become a "major account"? Now there is a provision in the contract to change rates but that also says that they have to send written notice specifying the change and providing us 14 days in which, to either accept or reject the changes. I don't know about anyone else but I never recieved written notice of any changes. Is it time for a lawyer?

Now don't get me wrong. I really enjoy this company and at this point have no desire to leave but if they keep pushing I just may have to do something. Not to toot my own horn but I was a leather jacket driver last year so I met or exceeded their demands in everyway and yet I feel like I........ I won't actually say what I am thinking because I am sure lawrence would not be happy but lets just say we are being used.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thats is where they got ya..they really did not change the rate...they just made everyone a "major"..so no notice is given...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
BTW..you actually got the Leather jacket? You are in the Leather Jacket Club?

You never turned down a load ?

I can't imagine an award for making bad business decisions?*LOL*
Cause there is some loads really NOT worth doing that would beat the crap outta ya!!

flattop40

Expert Expediter
BTW..you actually got the Leather jacket? You are in the Leather Jacket Club?

You never turned down a load ?

I can't imagine an award for making bad business decisions?*LOL*
Cause there is some loads really NOT worth doing that would beat the crap outta ya!!

Yup got the jacket. That is why I went to the banquet. Once I became a team there really wern't too many "bad" loads and as a solo I took everything and anything...... my motto is keep the wheels a turning.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I got tired of being the "go to guy" first by Monday Rick would call with a 130 mile CV run to say Findley then I'd be 9th and start the wait all over...hard to make money that way...sometimes ya just have to...no use of the wheels turning and not make money....
I am not turning many down, just the ones like above where it just does not make sense to do and does nothing for position...

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
hey now flattop starting in on this horse..I am just getting some whacks in....;)

Let me splain this one more time.

The horse I'm talking about is......company-----blah blah...they hire blah blah....they bought another company blah blah.

So what? If you ran your bidness this way...think your stock would roof out? Sounds like you are bitter about how the company is being run. The stock holders come first, don't think they don't. We are at the bottom of the food chain, have to wait until all feathers are capped. I'm glad E-1 is not sitting on their butts. I'm not happy about how the rates are, (were), handled, what are we to do, stay or move on? Yes for us that hung in there during the hard times are being rewarded with reduced rates. But then, it cost E-1 nothing for turn-over, so who cares about us bottom feeders? Let the company buy more compaines, hire who ever they want, give each other pay raise's...I don't care about that.

If you really want to make alot of money, buy your own company. It's like a Bank. Don't put your money in a bank and think you will get rich..you get rich by buying a Bank.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yes..I am glad E-1 is busy...just pointing out little things..because they are trying to scream poverty at the same time....I know we'll be last to be called to the dinner table as well...

Nice Left.....;)

Michigan = Dems = Robin Hood Syndrome:cool:

Wild Child

Seasoned Expediter
WENT SOUTH TO GET WARM AND AM NOT LIKING WHAT I AM READING. HERE IS AN EXAMPLE OF THEIR LOVE....PICKED UP 600MILE CV LOAD FOR 70 CPM IN NORTHERN KENTUCKY AND 2 HOURS LATER SENT TO SMALL AIRPORT IN INDIANA TO TRANSFER TO SMALL CHARTER AIRPLANE GOING TO CANADA.

FREIGHT CHARGES WERE TOTAL OF $25,000 FOR GAURANTEED TIME AND CUSTOMS BONDING. PILOT BILLED E-1 FOR $6500.00 FOR FLIGHT AND UNLOADING. E-1 PAID ME (ONE OF MY TRUCKS) 210 MILES AT 70 CPM AND 09 FSC.....AND WAS GENEROUS AND GAVE MY DRIVER 1 HOUR WAIT TIME AND $50 FOR TRIP INTERUPTION FEE. I REALLY FEEL THEIR LOVE WITHOUT A DOUBT.

MY ONLY ADVICE IS SIMPLY THIS....." WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE?....LEAVE CHEAP FREIGHT ON THE DOCK....WHERE IT BELONGS !!!! (saying is courtesy of a Fed Ex CC driver)"

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
WENT SOUTH TO GET WARM AND AM NOT LIKING WHAT I AM READING. HERE IS AN EXAMPLE OF THEIR LOVE....PICKED UP 600MILE CV LOAD FOR 70 CPM IN NORTHERN KENTUCKY AND 2 HOURS LATER SENT TO SMALL AIRPORT IN INDIANA TO TRANSFER TO SMALL CHARTER AIRPLANE GOING TO CANADA.

FREIGHT CHARGES WERE TOTAL OF $25,000 FOR GAURANTEED TIME AND CUSTOMS BONDING. PILOT BILLED E-1 FOR $6500.00 FOR FLIGHT AND UNLOADING. E-1 PAID ME (ONE OF MY TRUCKS) 210 MILES AT 70 CPM AND 09 FSC.....AND WAS GENEROUS AND GAVE MY DRIVER 1 HOUR WAIT TIME AND $50 FOR TRIP INTERUPTION FEE. I REALLY FEEL THEIR LOVE WITHOUT A DOUBT.

MY ONLY ADVICE IS SIMPLY THIS....." WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE?....LEAVE CHEAP FREIGHT ON THE DOCK....WHERE IT BELONGS !!!! (saying is courtesy of a Fed Ex CC driver)"

Your truck..was it a cargo van?

Wild Child

Seasoned Expediter
No, it was a Sprinter. It was dispatched to the cross dock in Detroit to be picked up by a Canadian driver.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus

what is cheap frt in your opinion? where do we start? is it a mileage decision ? all the loads 'cepting the real sprinter loads are the same price. unless they are over 2k#. only my former carrier practiced "cheap frt". actually it was a policy of deception on the part of one certain dispatcher. sounds like there was plenty on money in that load.