Non-FedEx Moderators Posting in the FedEx Forum

ATeam

Retired Expediter
In the FedEx Custom Critical carrier forum, in the Frustrated With Expediting thread, non-FedEx moderators have jumped into a conversation that has nothing to do with issues a moderator would otherwise deal with (code of conduct violations, locking threads, moving threads, etc.).

It seems to me to be an inappropriate use of moderator power for non-FedEx moderators to jump into the FedEx forum just to chat things up. There are times when I'd love to jump into a carrier thread because I think I have something important to say, but I cannot because I do not run with that carrier.

When the conversation in question has nothing to do with Open Forum issues and is proceeding in good order as most carrier forum conversations do, why should non-FedEx moderators be permitted to jump in and chat things up when ordinary Open Forum members cannot?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It was a mistake (on my part, at least), Phil. Sorry. It's not a routine happening. The OP posted several related threads in a very short time frame, and I view the forums by "new posts". I failed to note that one of them was started in the FECC forum and made the horrendous mistake of replying. It was not done just because I can, not because I don't respect the sanctity of the exclusivity of individual carrier forums, but because I'm human and will make an error every now and then. It will probably happen again, because I'll probably still be human when it does. But I assure you it will not be done on purpose. You will also very likely be happy to learn that I have deleted my postings in that thread.

Last edited:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I can explain the mechanics for you. One clicks the new posts button, reads the thread titles and participates in the ones that sound interesting without looking to see which forum it is in.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Actually, I dont think it was started there... someone moved it after the replies.

Dale

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
The good news is it was a attempt to help a discouraged driver. I wouldn't worry about the rest of it.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I can explain the mechanics for you. One clicks the new posts button, reads the thread titles and participates in the ones that sound interesting without looking to see which forum it is in.

And it's never been a problem.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I've done it before and probably will again sometime. Not only am I human, I don't even have a protective shell.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've done it before and probably will again sometime. Not only am I human, I don't even have a protective shell.
It is like..Why does a Little league ump get free cold drinks?....because he/she does a job no one wants....it is a perk of the job....it is NOT habitual, the posts are on topic, to the point and relevant.
Phil your post is a classic example of the "stuff" we put up with...always being second guessed, always held to a higher level.....
whaaaaaaa why does Johnny have a new toy and I don't?.....Because Johnny earned it....

ATeam

Retired Expediter

Thank you for that. Until your post, I was not aware of the new posts button. Not being a moderator, I have no interest in or need to read every post in every forum. My forum browsing is generally (not always) limited to just a few forums. I browse forum to forum, not post to post. I understand now how a mistake could be made.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Actually, I dont think it was started there... someone moved it after the replies.
So are you saying that I didn't make a horrendous posting mistake? That I thought I didn't, was told I did, then was told I didn't, and now I don't know what to think?

And also, since whoever moved the thread has yet to come forth and claim responsibility, does that mean we have a terrorist moderator among us? Does that mean we should rethink our position on accepting that Homeland Security grant money for the EO4ME Forum Drones with the Kung Fu Grip, and the Weaponized Horizontal Incursion Nocturnal Expediter (WHINE) Battle Bot?