No Mandela Mention?

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
Other than the slam on Rick Santorum ( much deserved) for comparing Obamacare to Apartheid, I haven't seen a single mention of the death of Nelson Mandela. Not a peep. I have to believe this slight is actually a statement in itself. I was no fan of Mandela but I am surprised there has been no statement at all. What gives?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Other than the slam on Rick Santorum ( much deserved) for comparing Obamacare to Apartheid, I haven't seen a single mention of the death of Nelson Mandela. Not a peep. I have to believe this slight is actually a statement in itself. I was no fan of Mandela but I am surprised there has been no statement at all. What gives?

I live here, not there. Generally speaking he had no impact on my life. To get into a pizzzing match over his passing would be senseless. I'm not THAT bored yet!

WanderngFool

Active Expediter

I considered it. I also considered a thread on the stolen radioactive material in Mexico (recovered by the way).

I didn't start either thread because I'm conflicted. :)

paullud

Veteran Expediter

Many comments on Mandela would not be kind and I thought given the circumstances it made sense to say nothing.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

Big Al

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Mandela is an interesting figure. He went from criminal to peace activist. He was head of the armed division of that movement which was confusing to me because he claimed to follow Ghandi. But he did change his life to a non violent movement and then he was victorious. His ex wife was a fireball and I always wondered if that was the reason he divorced her. I respect people who change. My hero Harry S Truman was a part of a corrupt political machine in Missouri but changed as a true champion of the little guy.