No fault accident.

DBSuperFanboy131

New Recruit
Driver
I started with Panther in October. Drove for a week before I was involved in a accident in Belton TX. I'm fine but went to hospital anyway. Looks like insurance is going to total the van. I got rear ended so I wasn't at fault. Not my van, fleet owner van. Already got a lawyer to sue other guy insurance. I'm out of money not driving plus I spent almost 800 on Uber and flights just to get back home. Has something similar happened to anybody. My question is how long before I see anything from lawsuit if anything? Thanks.

pelgrn

Expert Expediter
I don't know what you and your fleet owner have worked out and it could be awhile,I would contact your Occ I.N.S and see if you have coverage.I don't know if you pay for it or the owner does but there may be some help there.I think Zurich is the I.N.S carrier and someone in I.N.S claims at Panther can give you the number if you need to start the claim.

Shotcallerj

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hope you had a dashcam. Panther will consider you at fault unless you can prove beyond a reason of a doubt you were innocent.....

That being said you're probably looking at a couples of years before you see anything....

Shotcallerj

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
What good would a dash cam do? The OP said he was rear ended.
It would show the driving before and after the incident..... Helping to solidify the individuals State at the time....

There's a reason that most, if not all major trucking companies run dash cams......

Maybe coming to 2020 sometime this decade.....

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I started with Panther in October. Drove for a week before I was involved in a accident in Belton TX. I'm fine but went to hospital anyway. Looks like insurance is going to total the van. I got rear ended so I wasn't at fault. Not my van, fleet owner van. Already got a lawyer to sue other guy insurance. I'm out of money not driving plus I spent almost 800 on Uber and flights just to get back home. Has something similar happened to anybody. My question is how long before I see anything from lawsuit if anything? Thanks.

Last lawsuit I had for a not at fault accident took 2 years to get an award, then 6 months before their insurance company cut the check...but wait there’s more, if your health insurance paid any medical bills they will file a lien on the settlement to get paid back

Sent from lost in space.

Last edited:

rksalumb

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
US Army
What good would a dash cam do? The OP said he was rear ended.
You can buy a package that includes front and rear facing cameras that record what's going on in front and the back of you. It's great in situations like a rear ending and can significantly expedite the insurance process or any law suit.