no 1099 from a former company

idtrans

Expert Expediter
1 company I was leased to in 2010 didn't send me a 1099 and he won't answer any emails or anything. I only made like $4000 off of his loads in 2010 but how will I add his income to my 1099 if the guy refuses to send me and the other drivers their 1099 ?

I don't want to mention the company name just curious how I add his income to my return.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
In 2008 I worked for a company in Michigan that I had a similar issue. They never sent me a W2. I filled out the form from the IRS website for missing W2. I am sure they probably have one for missing 1099 as well.

idtrans

Expert Expediter
Well I filed today just using that income as extra income. But I did call my local IRS office to inform them of this company not sending the 1099 and that they have all my private info. The agent I spoke with said he is going to investigate this issue.

Ok well I know I am in the clear.

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
There are many companies that do not send w-2's and 1099's.

Here is what they are doing:

not reporting the payments to you as a deduction, or are just hiding the income from the companies that thet are receiving your load money.

Here is what I would do,
No 1099 MISC received:

on you tax return that income is actually reportable and included in line 1 of you SCH C if you are an individual or a Single Member LLC.

If your tax software program has statement code or button to in the box 1 of the SCh C or if there is a place where 1099's are entered on the page listing enter the company name and put refused to give you a 1099 for the amount you made.

Plus I hope you made out Federal Form # 3949-A is a sujected referral toward Frauding the IRS, if you did not fill out this form,even though you called them, they really will not go afer them.
Download it from the IRS web site and fill it out, you can fill it in on the web site, and print it out. It will not save the information you put in if you close it. you must save it first at when printing it to PDF format.

Franklin Katz, RTP, ATP ,PA, PB,
Frank’s Tax and Business Service
120 York Rd
Kings Mountain, NC 28086-3151
(704) 739-4039
Fax: (704) 739-3934
e-mail: [email protected]

Providing Professional Accounting Services and Income Tax Preparation

Circular 230 Disclaimer – Any tax advice in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, by any taxpayer for the purpose of (1) avoiding tax related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (2) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or tax-related matters addressed herein.