Nitrogen

FREE TO FAIL

Seasoned Expediter
well bit the bullet and put nitrogen in my 2002 volvo twin screw cost $ 100.00 for 10 tires done at belle tire on dix rd. in Detroit. took about an hour and 1/2.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Do a search on nitrogen and you'll find threads discussing the several reasons for it. They have a location about 1 mile from where I'm waiting on a job. In the morning I'm calling to see if they do it at that location and if so I'm going tomorrow and have mine done.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA Life Member 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

Packmule

Expert Expediter
I have been running nitrogen in my tires on the Packvan for about 4 months now and the differences I have noticed is the tire pressure always stays the same regardless of climate. The ride also seems to be a little softer. Tire wear...still too early to tell.
Only problem I have encountered is not being able to always find a facility that has nitrogen when it is time to rotate my tires due to running different pressures in front and rear (80/55), nitrogen always has to be added at every rotation.

So far I have not been charged anything additional for the nitrogen. Big difference in 4 van tires and 6-10 big truck tires though.

Danny

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
I bought 4 new nitrogen filled Michelins yeaterday at Costco. I take advantage of the lifetime rotate/balance every 10,000 miles or so when I'm idle near a Costco location.

For your comparison, I spent a total of $756 for 4, LT245/75R16E, M/S

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I am 1.1 miles from a Belle location that unfortunately only does passenger vehicles. I was going to just move over there and get mine done. It's too far to any other without starting my clock. I will be getting mine done the first chance I get and now that I know at least some of the Belle's in the Detroit area do it I will plan that on another run.

EO Forum Moderator
----------

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I wasn't aware of that. Where is Wingfoot located? Thanks.

EO Forum Moderator
----------

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Leo, we deal with a Wingfoot dealer in Brunswick, OH, just off of I-71 about 12-15 miles north of the truckstops at the Seville exit.

FREE TO FAIL

Seasoned Expediter
I did it more to extend the service life of the tires and the minimal increase in fuel economy $100 is cheap if I can see either of those results. I will say that when i talked to the manager he indicated that many trucking companies are switching over to nitrogen. If its good enough for the bean counters its good enough for me....

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Tire Discounters - Springboro Pike - Dayton, OH

Called about a cargo van.

Will do the nitrogen switch for $4.95 per tire.

I have thrown some business their way and he said he might be able to cut me a break if I came when they were not busy.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just ran across this company that handles the equipment. It is probably still too expensive to buy just for one's own use. An industrious buy might buy the unit and a compressor and make some bucks at each truckstop layover though.

http://www.rtitech.com/nitrogen.asp

EO Forum Moderator
----------