Nissan NV

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I saw something the other day that looked like a long version. Can't say for sure what it was, but it sure looked like one???

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Nissan was supposed to have a longer version, 20 inches extended, a year or two ago. Maybe it finally is that long overdue version. If so, it will finally be long enough, for an original shorter version. Then if they'd do a 20 inches longer than that one version they'd about have it right.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Anyone know why that someone is selling their 3 Nissan NV's in the classifieds here on EO?

Owner of the 3 NVs ... I was told had a hard time keeping drivers .... plus had to accept load offer before driver could.. micro -manage

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
I don't know I like my NV a little short but 350k on it now an except for plugs oil filter tires just replaced brake pads there hasn't been a wrench on it yet

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nissan NV 2500 HD oil leaks.

Leaking may be due to the oil cooler gasket failed and/or poorly designed oil cooler attachment bolt.

At about 389,000 miles, I noticed small drips coming from the oil filter area. Did an oil and filter change. Still dripping.

Researched for the diagnostic and repair costs. Up to $700 +. Nope, ain't going to pay those prices.

Scoured the internet and found the potential problems. Zeroed in on oil cooler gasket failure.

Went to the dealer got the gasket for about 9 bucks, watched the repairs video from YouTube. Done the replacement in about an hour.

That was 2 days ago. So far, no more leaking. Ya! :)

***The oil cooler bolt is a single bolt that attached the oil cooler to the engine on one end and on the other end is for the oil filter to be screwed in.

Potential problem is when the oil filter is removed each time during the oil changes, it could loosen up the oil cooler bolt. That could cause the oil leak from the gasket on the oil cooler side.

To prevent this problem, at each filter change, check the oil cooler bolt and tighten to the spec before replacing the oil filter.

Ftransit

Veteran Expediter
Driver
We have decided...if you're not getting at least .35 to .50 cents more a mile for that 3rd pallet it's not worth it. :)

Ftransit

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Well #1 we are not signed w/L1 :(.
#2 in our current situation we only get .05 more.
#3 the few we have had have been 'drama filled' due to broker/dispatch miscommunication.
But of course we have not been in this business as long as many of you have.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well #1 we are not signed w/L1 :(.
#2 in our current situation we only get .05 more.
#3 the few we have had have been 'drama filled' due to broker/dispatch miscommunication.
But of course we have not been in this business as long as many of you have.
Load one doesn't pay that much more for a 3 skid load if any. That's why I posted to your post earlier.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Is that because they are paying better to begin with so the 3rd skid is already paid for?

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Is that because they are paying better to begin with so the 3rd skid is already paid for?
Not necessarily so. I have had 3 skid loads that pay .90/mi and some that had paid more but not .35 or .50 more like the OP thinks we are getting paid for a 3 skid load.

Ftransit

Veteran Expediter
Driver
No I did not say you were. I just stated for us we have decided not to accept 3 skid loads unless the pay is to our satisfaction. Our history with 3 skid loads has been less than satisfactory. We were with a certain carrier who did not adhere to the no forced dispatch line. We are no longer with that carrier BTW.
I was just trying to make a point that not all high roof expediters wish to carry 3 skids, some are ok with the shorter length of a NV.