Nice headlights

Hamman77

Active Expediter
Driver
Would like to upgrade my forward lighting on my E250. Wondering what's the best replacement sealed beam?

Deville

Not a Member
The higher end sylvanna's are really good. I have been using them for a while. Biggest turn off about them is that they only last about 8 or 9 months.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
The Xtra vision is a mid lvl bright light that will bump up just a bit more and last longer than the silver star lights....short of getting a kit for hid lights.
Basic lights $10 to 12 bucks
Xtra vision $12 to 14
silver star $30 and up

Hamman77

Active Expediter
Driver
Thx for all suggests. But remember I have sealed beam headlights, was thinking of 6054HO or Nite Hawks??

kg

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Owner/Operator
Try looking into Hella replaceable headlamp fixtures. They use the 3 prong bulbs. Susquehanna Motorsports is a good source. Rally Lights, Hella, TerraTrip, Hans, WRC, ZAMP. All the lighting you will ever need.

I have ordered from them for many years. Hope this helps.

Stay safe KG

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Do you guys ever think that those extremely bright lights may not be the best thing since sliced bread? Because really: do you want to blind me when I'm coming towards you on a narrow two lane road, driving a truck that takes half the road? :confused:
I apologize if your lights aren't that kind, but there's more & more of them these days, and it's not so great for oncoming drivers. It's actually pretty scary, sometimes.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The lights are fine if aimed correctly. I have the biggest issue with portable work zone lighting and cops on the shoulder with super bright flashing lights on.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Do you guys ever think that those extremely bright lights may not be the best thing since sliced bread? Because really: do you want to blind me when I'm coming towards you on a narrow two lane road, driving a truck that takes half the road? :confused:
I apologize if your lights aren't that kind, but there's more & more of them these days, and it's not so great for oncoming drivers. It's actually pretty scary, sometimes.

This is a characteristic of aftermarket HID systems, one that specifically makes them illegal. The light doesn't focus correctly in a regular housing, and it blasts everyone on the road.

Hamman77

Active Expediter
Driver
Xiggi,
Ur right about correctly aimed headlights. Went thru some lite fog awhile back and noticed the right lite is a little too high and to the right too much. Need to correct that next home time.

gandrimp

Rookie Expediter
The Hella lights I have are a kit, from the square sealed beam to the 3 prong bulb type mentioned by KG above. The light shines a nice wide beam (you can see in the ditches) yet they have none of that glare for oncoming traffic. I think Cheri would approve.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The Hella lights I have are a kit, from the square sealed beam to the 3 prong bulb type mentioned by KG above. The light shines a nice wide beam (you can see in the ditches) yet they have none of that glare for oncoming traffic. I think Cheri would approve.
i think Bambi likes those headlights too.