NFL Lions 2014

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You can just be glad the Lions aren't playing the Red Wings ....oh the horrible thought... Lol

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
"Dead Things"?

You mean the "Wiffins"? What other minor league team could make the Stanley Cup playoffs?

AND

They are NOT a "thug" team, like the "Blackhawks" are. (this is fun!)

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
After watching the Lions beat up on a New York Giants team that looked more like a high school team, I wasn't getting my hopes up yet. I wanted to see how they would hold up to an actual NFL team (sorry Giants fans for being so hard on them, I actually like them but man they are a mess).

Today's 24-7 loss against the Panthers, was oh so reminiscent of the past Lions: fumbles, turn overs, missed field goals, forcing passes... It's going to be a long season if this keeps up. Can we play the Giants again, Please! :rolleyes:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The Detroit Lions at 7-2. Who wudda thunk? Definitely not the same ol Lions. These guys find a way to win. SOL would have found a way to lose.

footussa.gif

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The Detroit Lions at 7-2. Who wudda thunk? Definitely not the same ol Lions. These guys find a way to win. SOL would have found a way to lose.

footussa.gif

The next two games will tell a lot. Without our #1 defense the conversation would not be as pleasant. The offense continues to struggle to put up points with the 24th ranked passing offense, and a dead last run game. A kicking game that has been head shaking and nerve racking at best. "Please don't let the game come down to a field goal!" should not be going through ones head.

On the bright side, it has made for an interesting season. With a favorable schedule going down the stretch a playoff run can not be discarded (although sounds too familiar). Until proven otherwise, I will keep the SOL motto very close.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The next two games will tell a lot. Without our #1 defense the conversation would not be as pleasant. The offense continues to struggle to put up points with the 24th ranked passing offense, and a dead last run game. A kicking game that has been head shaking and nerve racking at best. "Please don't let the game come down to a field goal!" should not be going through ones head.

On the bright side, it has made for an interesting season. With a favorable schedule going down the stretch a playoff run can not be discarded (although sounds too familiar). Until proven otherwise, I will keep the SOL motto very close.

Party pooper!
:p

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Party pooper!
:p

Yeah, but reality is what it is. It's been 20 years since they had a record this good this far into the season. When you look back on those 20 years and think about the times they were good early in the season then just took a major dump...

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well that was disappointing. Play on both sides was weak. A ton of penalties. I don't understand the call back on the end zone catch and I don't think they made first down at the two minute point and why didn't they challenge that?

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well that was disappointing. Play on both sides was weak. A ton of penalties. I don't understand the call back on the end zone catch and I don't think they made first down at the two minute point and why didn't they challenge that?
I guess they just are not ready to play with the big boys just yet.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't think they made first down at the two minute point and why didn't they challenge that?

Pretty sure Lions were out of time outs at that point. A coach can't challenge any ruling if he doesn't have at least one timeout remaining :(