Newbis

tams67

Rookie Expediter
Hi. My husband and I are considering buying a sprinter and going into the expediting business. He has over thirty years experience as an over the road aas a truck driver. Do any of you in expediting have any advice for someone just starting out?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Expedite is a very different kind of trucking from OTR, and research is important to know what the differences are - start with the FAQ on the Newbies Forum. And welcome to EO! :D

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
What Cheri said....welcome to EO!!

Have you considered a Straight Truck? Double the money.....

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
Welcome, this site helped us two years ago and has helped us every since also check out Phil Madsens blog, lots of good info there as well, again welcome!!!

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app

tams67

Rookie Expediter
This is all new to us and we are just researching everything right now. He is wanting out of the semi so that's why we are looking into expedited service.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
when I started this was the first place I looked I to have more than 30 yrs. of driving tractor trailer and ive been in a straight truck for almost 4 yrs. I never looked back,it took us a few months to get used to it and we did start for an owner that worked for 6 mo. at a 60/40 split which I thought was fare until he started keeping 40% of the deadhead pay which I paid the fuel for also 40%percent of everything else we did not rite in my book but it was a learning exp.
second owner called me and asked me what kind of truck I was looking for I gave him a list of what I expected . a few days later he called said he had a truck for me to look at we live a few hrs. away so I took the ride to the dealer and we went for a ride in the truck {he doesn't drive just the money man} we hit it off rite out of the box an di eventually bought the truck from him we are still friends .
if u are interested in driving a straight truck for someone who doesn't want to babysit you give me a call we presently work, no have our truck on with landstar who also do not babysit you but keep us as busy as we want we have the freedom to accept or not the loads we want at the rate we want
I don't run below 2.00 per mile to the truck. and I don't go to nyc. unless there is a great rate on it .
if interested give me a call 863-634-6032 leave a message ill get back to you I am a driver still and we gotta pay the bills.

races

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Expedite is a very different kind of trucking from OTR, and research is important to know what the differences are - start with the FAQ on the Newbies Forum. And welcome to EO! :D

this was very helpful to me getting started.