Big Truck Newbie Financial Advice (taxes, expenses, etc.)

TruckGuyUSA

New Recruit
Driver
Hello All,

Myself and partner will be driving Class B expediting for a fleet owner. I was wondering about taxes, expenses, and the financial side of the equation - the best way to handle such affairs. Will I be an independent contractor, not a w2 wage-earning employee? What's the best legal entity to operate under?

Can somebody point me in the right direction? I'm sure someone may have covered this in a previous post but I'm new to the board.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hello All,

Myself and partner will be driving Class B expediting for a fleet owner. I was wondering about taxes, expenses, and the financial side of the equation - the best way to handle such affairs. Will I be an independent contractor, not a w2 wage-earning employee? What's the best legal entity to operate under?

Can somebody point me in the right direction? I'm sure someone may have covered this in a previous post but I'm new to the board.
You have to remember, everybodys situation is different. You really need to discuss the financial aspects of your situation with an accountant familiar with trucking.