NEWBIE Empty Nester's Life!

jackieg

Active Expediter
Just starting out and wanted to get to know you all... I have a feeling that I'll be needing your help and advice along the way! Husband and I have Owned&Operated Auto Repair Business for 25+ years, kids are ALL married off (well, last one mid July 2013..!) so, its time to sart The Empty Nester's NEW Life on the road!
We've always wanted to 'retire' (HA!) and do something together, what better than to buy a truck, schedule some runs, see the country&Get Paid as we Go! I know this is almost everyone's pie in the sky dream, but after a year of research (& waiting for the baby to say 'I Do') we r ready to ease in!
Husband has read on this site for many many months. Its been Very Helpful to him and he urged me to hop on too. I've enjoyed the helpful feedback thus far~Thanks!
Taking classB permit&license in April studying up on all I need to know in the meantime. Talk to you all soon. Hope to meet u too at some of the expo's. We'll be in Ohio at the end of July-at that point~"Let the Games Begin!" Cant Wait!

Safety First, Jackie.

amariah

Active Expediter
I can think of no better place to learn invaluable information and meet a wide range of current expediters then at the Expedite Expo in Wilmington Ohio. Look forward to seeing you there!

Sent from my DROID3 using EO Forums mobile app

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Welcome!

The Expedite Expo would be a VERY good idea. Attend it BEFORE you start. I would also suggest NOT buying a truck to start. Drive for an owner for at least a year. You could get out here and find you cannot take the lifestyle, it is very different from normal life. If you had a truck, you would be stuck.

jackieg

Active Expediter
Thank You! Im hearing that quite a lot! I appreciate your advice and look forward to being a part of this community!
Safety First, Jackie.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Thank You! Im hearing that quite a lot! I appreciate your advice and look forward to being a part of this community!
Safety First, Jackie.

Many of us are empty nesters and 2nd career people. It can be fun out here, it can also be a pain. Again, WELCOME!

jackieg

Active Expediter
Will do! We r going to do both days! I was privileged to meet you in Knoxville this week. Husband and I LOVED hearing from the 2 of you! More excited than Ever to get started, but feet are planted firmly on the ground~for now!

jackieg

Active Expediter
Looking forrward to the Fun part We'll make it thru the Pain part together as we always have... with a little (LOT) of help from our 'friends!' THANK YOU for the warm welcome!
Safety First, Jackie.