Newbee in Boston

Precious Cargo

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Hello All

I am a Newbee up in the Boston, Ma area. So glad I found this site!

I own a 2016 Ford Transit ( 400 cu/ft 4,000 lb capacity). Also, I have strong rates with Ryder when the need for a 26' with lift gate arises.In this area, there is a tremendous amount of opportunity as an on demand courier or delivering packages for Amazon, Google, etc. Although I did not go into this blind, I realize I have a long, long way to go!!

I am interested in hearing from you all with any insight you are willing to share? I am curious what many of you have found to be the strongest segments in the Last Mile, Expediter, Sprinter, Cargo Van delivery scene; Air Cargo? Particular industries? Strong companies to partner up with or become Agents for?

Hopefully, I will be able give back some of the knowledge I pick up while stumbling around, moving forward.

Thanks in advance for all your advice and insight!!

Pete

Tobster317

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I believe most of us are OTR expeditors. There are a couple of guys that are local, you will have to look. Sprinters for OTR or not doing as good as they used to. They say there are to many out there. If you are doing well locally I say Stay there.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I do a good amount of local to fill in between expedite runs. Expedite still pays better, but being home same day and doubling up runs makes up for a lot.

I've heard it's a hard day doing an Amazon run, piece rate and home deliveries. But better than sitting.

Expedite I find air freight and high value freight pay the best, other than when you luck out and you're the only one close to a pickup that needs to move fast

Oh and sprinter (or transit) is the only way to go now, I find most places expect it. Not often do I get "sprinter" rate, they just expect the van they ordered to be sprinter size