Cargo Van New Yeller

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
IMG_0362.jpg

Decided to try one of these to replace the late Promaster. I didn’t quite have the stones to go for another brand new van. Should be able to hit the road with it the first week of December.

Big question is how to kit it out, especially the bed. As a team, we need more room than a single driver because one of us needs to sleep while the other drives. Complicating things is the lack of a side door.

So, how do I work this? Do I need to haul three skids (floor length is 144”) to be profitable, or can I get by with two as I’ve been doing? If I go with 3, the front most skid should ideally be only 24” high so that we can get through the hole in the bulkhead to access the mattress. Is that feasible?

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

guido4475

Not a Member
New Modern Bi-Fold Folding Platform Metal Bed Frame Mattress Foundation BF | eBay

I have this foldable bed frame in my 144" long Spartan body Ford. 7 years old now, its done a pretty good job of holding my plump body up. My van is 75" wide inside, perfect for a twin bed to go sideways for 2 skid loads, along the wall lenghways for 1 skid loads on the end, and no bed for 3 skid loads. Many r.v surplus outlet stores in Elkhart, Ind that sell new doors with screen doors from discontinued campers never installed real cheap. They are real easy to put in.

Reactions: purgoose10