new version of transflo

dletheridge

Seasoned Expediter
Researching
Has anyone else downloaded and used the new version of TRANSFLO?

I got a little popup when I got through scanning and submitting some documents about a new version being available. Which oh wow I installed it. I just got through doing my first scanning with it.

When I tried to scan my documents it said that the capability is not supported. But a new feature is that you can give it a file to import.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
What a nifty little piece of bloatware this thing is becoming. The last version's installer was 3.8MB and this one is 15.7MB. The transflo.now.exe resident program is quite the little memory hog, too. Uses up 200 MB of RAM. Who did the programming on this? Panther's IT department?

Make sure you go into the setup and fill in the blanks. For some bizarre reason, they want your address and phone number now. Without it you can't submit documents. Reselect the scanner, too.

bdmj989900

Seasoned Expediter
I didn't have to do anything. Clicked on the little update popup and it works the same as it did before. Its easier to scan docs now. Making them darker is easier. And i like the new feature where you can import pages is nice too. Over all no problems since i updated mine. I like it better. :D

termite289

Expert Expediter
i create a folder on my desktop for each pro, then scan the pages into the computer as photos, put them into that folder, then send a regular old fashioned e-mail to [email protected] with all the paperwork attached. i can send up to 10 megabytes this way, anything larger, i print off the cover sheet, and go inside at a truck stop. with this method of scanning i can easily darken, brighten, and even add text should the need arise. i think the photo editing software makes them look better than any transflow scanner i have used to date.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
I've never had a problem with the TransFlo program on my computer. I love new and improved version for one simple reason...the new "darken" feature! I can now scan those pesky carbon copies that are too light to read

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
Just installed it on this computer and the first time i used it i noticed a huge difference i like it a lot better than the old version. I always had issues seeing what was scanned the image was crappy but this is crisp and clear.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yeah, the scanning engine is much improved. I rarely have to back out and rescan things using the scanner's native interface any more.