New to the game

Ldscott

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Hello everyone I'm Lawrence out of Dallas TX I have been doing my research for the last few months on expediting and I'm ready to start I already have my business name and ect already filed the only thing is I'm a bit confused right now me and my brother dont have a cargo van of our own just yet but we found a great deal on leasing one when we need it I was wondering if I get commercial insurance and also cargo insurance will I be able to use that when I lease the cargo van or would I have to use the company insurance who I'm leasing from and will I be able to even get commercial and cargo insurance without my own van any help will be helpful and thank you

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You don't need a company name, you need a job.
1. Get your cdls.
2. Look through the classifieds and contact carriers.

Reactions: RoadTime

Mr. E Mann

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
If you are leasing the van through a carrier or owning a van and leasing it to a carrier you will need NTL insurance plus pay for the carriers umbrella insurance. The carriers insurance will cover you when you are on a load. The NTL (non-trucking liability) will cover you when you are empty.

indycolts

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
How many miles annually do you envision driving a leased van? That seems like a bad direction to go in IMO. My first 4 years in with my Mercedes Sprinter has been good for 370,000 miles and it's a struggle to make ends meet. Great vehicle and hoping my dealer can continue keeping the van running like first day off the lot. 2 years to go before paid off though. Never looked into leasing so my comment comes from uninformed on the subject.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Ok just so you know that sprinter is costly to Repair even if you buy parts online your still going to pay alot. Carry a serpentine belt, belt tensioner, starter and alternator on the van at all times.
Euro-parts.com??? sprinterfourm.com europarts has tools for your van like the oil cap socket and transmission dip stick.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
There is a really good sprinter mechanic in toledo,ohio name is wayne rodd
I don't have his number but i am sure its been posted here somewhere.