Canada New to Forum

Dave Christopher

New Recruit
I have been doing alot of research recently, and thinking of buying a cargo van, i'm not new to the trucking industry, was an owner operator for 15 years and hauled big 9-13 axle heavy specialized, worked with some big companies,in Can and the USA, landstar Ligon,int'l heavy haul, Mullen trucking to name a few, and also had my own MC authority, had a FL CDL class A with all the endorsements, sold my last trucks in 2004, in the years since then i have owned medium duty wrecker tow trucks ,(f-550), and currently do that now, i lease the truck to a company, but the truck is in my company name, and i pay for everything myself, like Ins.,fuel etc., So having said all that, i am considering getting out of towing, and looking into the world of cargo van expediting. I'm in canada, i have heard alot of guys from the US ,still don't want to run up here. Is that an advantage with a busy company like Fedex CC or american companies that have alot of canadian bound freight ? Is it a decent time to get into the industry, with the strengthening US economy and dollar ? I wish to hear from current owner/ops , and i value the info this site provides.