New to expediting

Amyjodale

Rookie Expediter
Driver
Hello everyone. My husband and I should be on the road within the next month or 2. We have a company and owner to drive for I am just finishing up school to get my CDL. Anyone have any suggestions for us when we start out? Things we should definitely put on truck, things we should watch out for? Anything to help us get started? We attended the expo in July so we did get some good input however there may be more things we need to know. Thank u in advance.

Amy

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hello everyone. My husband and I should be on the road within the next month or 2. We have a company and owner to drive for I am just finishing up school to get my CDL. Anyone have any suggestions for us when we start out? Things we should definitely put on truck, things we should watch out for? Anything to help us get started? We attended the expo in July so we did get some good input however there may be more things we need to know. Thank u in advance.

Amy
Whoo boy! Where to begin!
First, welcome to EO. This forum is a great source of information, but you need to participate. Just reading isn't going to cut it. Ask questions, but don't take the answers personal. Use the search feature. Learn how it works. Chances are, the question has been asked many times.

Enjoy the ride.... Good luck

Warrior

New Recruit
Fleet Manager
Well....are you driving a tractor with the CDL, or and straight truck? Don't take to much stuff, better to get only the things you need and not be overwhelmed with everything you brought from the house and limited storage. Depending who you haul for, FedEx, ect, uniforms may be required and are the biggest part of the wardrobe anyways. Best advice is to be patient, look at what you make over the month / year and not over the week. It can vary depending on where you are, time of the year, and how much help the owner gives you to be successful in not making mistakes taking loads that cost you money. Trust me, soon enough you will understand what that last statement means. Good luck, its a great lifestyle, you should have a blast doing it.

Warrior

New Recruit
Fleet Manager
I agree with Yellowjacket, the crafty truckers are great resource. I have met them in person, and they are the real deal, and great people.