New to EO and thinking about expediting

rcoleman

Active Expediter
Hello everyone! I'm new here so I wanted to say hello.

I'm in Alabama. I've been a straight truck driver local for going on 12 years now. Currently I'm the warehouse manager for a local oil distributor. I'm married and have a class B CDL. No hazmat.

Looking for a change next year with all the new crap brought on by the new administration in the white house. ( how is that going to effect this industry?)

Really don't know where to start so any and all advice will be noted. I've done some research and have heard good things and bad about this industry.

I have a ton of questions so I'll check out the newbie FAQ before I start asking.

Contact me anytime.

Rodney Coleman

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
Hello everyone! I'm new here so I wanted to say hello.

I'm in Alabama. I've been a straight truck driver local for going on 12 years now. Currently I'm the warehouse manager for a local oil distributor. I'm married and have a class B CDL. No hazmat.

Looking for a change next year with all the new crap brought on by the new administration in the white house. ( how is that going to effect this industry?)

Really don't know where to start so any and all advice will be noted. I've done some research and have heard good things and bad about this industry.

I have a ton of questions so I'll check out the newbie FAQ before I start asking.

Contact me anytime.

Rodney Coleman

Howdy partner

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

paullud

Veteran Expediter
My opinion is that the current administration will cause the straight truck freight to increase. In a time of uncertainty companies may be less likely to purchase full tractor trailer loads. There is a lot of JIT(Just In Time) freight that I think will be moved by straight trucks instead if tractor trailers as a result.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

piattteam

Active Expediter
paullud,

You mean there may be something GOOD come from this administration!?!?!?
I think I may NOT hold my breath!
Maybe we'll get obamatrucks!!
My blood pressure just shot up writing his name!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Read back at least 2 years in the general, newbies and recruiter forums. That doesn't mean every word in each but read every thread title and if it sounds remotely interesting or applicable to you then read the thread. That will give you a good foundation to build on and ask questions from. Good luck.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
paullud,

You mean there may be something GOOD come from this administration!?!?!?
I think I may NOT hold my breath!
Maybe we'll get obamatrucks!!
My blood pressure just shot up writing his name!

Just a guess. You have to remember what is bad for one industry might be great for another.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
For the OP, he would be better served to offer a little more detail like what kind of vehicle, solo or team? Answers would all be different without some of that information.

kevs69

Active Expediter
hi there I am new to these so let me say hi . I have 2 ? i just lost my job of 20 years and over the yr,s i have meet a lot of expedite driver,s and owner/operaters. i have drove Sime in my passt. But know that my DIVORCE is over I WOULD LIKE TO START DRIVE AGAIN IN EXPEDITEING. #1? is there stady work out there and #2 if i can get capitel to buy a straight truck or a cargo van.And which of the 2 will have enough work to stay out on the road and give the best return for the $.O ya 1 more? does anyone know of REAL SBA GRANTS OR LOANS THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
hi there I am new to these so let me say hi . I have 2 ? i just lost my job of 20 years and over the yr,s i have meet a lot of expedite driver,s and owner/operaters. i have drove Sime in my passt. But know that my DIVORCE is over I WOULD LIKE TO START DRIVE AGAIN IN EXPEDITEING. #1? is there stady work out there and #2 if i can get capitel to buy a straight truck or a cargo van.And which of the 2 will have enough work to stay out on the road and give the best return for the $.O ya 1 more? does anyone know of REAL SBA GRANTS OR LOANS THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME

SBA won't touch trucking and Grants are gone since and won't be back with the present nut in the WH. and please get spell check. Welcome.

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
Allways start out driving for someone else so you see what all is involved. Never buy a truck and just jump in! A year driving for someone else isn't to long.