New O/O with Panther

fins_up_fl

Active Expediter
Hey guys. New O/O here with Panther. Rumor has it this company isn't that bad. I'm going to give it 6mos, and if it turns out ok, ill probably put two or three more trucks on with these guys. I'm not sure how I feel about these electric logs ... but time will tell. I just picked up a abandoned trailer in north Arkansas, now I'm sitting at the flying hook in w Memphis. Well, I just wanted to drop a line since ill probably have a few questions later down the road and u guys will probably see me here from time to time. Any tips on how to " work the system " would be great. Thx. Take care.

Sent from my Zio using EO Forums

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Why would u think u were going to hate it. Btw I'm 62197.

Maybe because several others do and the negativity wears off on others around. Many people have good and bad to say but they only share the bad giving by standers a reason to think badly of the company.

I could be wrong about all that but just my thoughts.

MissKat

Expert Expediter
We have become so used to paper logs. But the way the qc logs work you keep track of the four lines of service easier and because its minute to minute, not 15 min. Increments the driver benefits. We are a team. Btw, you can't self correct line 3 or 4 but a call to Panther and its fixed.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
We have become so used to paper logs. But the way the qc logs work you keep track of the four lines of service easier and because its minute to minute, not 15 min. Increments the driver benefits. We are a team. Btw, you can't self correct line 3 or 4 but a call to Panther and its fixed.

And unfortunately e-logs are becoming the norm. I don't know of many larger carriers using paper anymore.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Wow this is cool, two of our great teams talking to each other. Kat did you know that BigCat drives for Mayfield Express too? :)

fins_up_fl

Active Expediter
And unfortunately e-logs are becoming the norm. I don't know of many larger carriers using paper anymore.

I will tell ya, its werid jumping back in the truck and just going, it automatically changes you to driving after 3/4 of a mile. I keep hearing that you can sit for a day or two, but make more cash.....time will tell :) intill next year, when they change the HOS.... ill just keep taking my 34 restart. Don't think you can run out of hours doing this stuff..can u.?

MissKat

Expert Expediter
We both used most of our 70 on a coast to coast ten stop run so the last two days only one of us went on duty for the other to restart.

fins_up_fl

Active Expediter
We both used most of our 70 on a coast to coast ten stop run so the last two days only one of us went on duty for the other to restart.

well. if your running out of hours... that means your bringing the cheddar home :D and thats always a good thing

fatboy1

Veteran Expediter
after you get use to the electronic logs you will love them. All it is just pushing buttons instead of drawing lines and in reality you have more time to drive. Good luck and congrats on becoming a o/o with panther. We like it so far and we have been here 5 months.

fins_up_fl

Active Expediter
after you get use to the electronic logs you will love them. All it is just pushing buttons instead of drawing lines and in reality you have more time to drive. Good luck and congrats on becoming a o/o with panther. We like it so far and we have been here 5 months.

I think i will get the hang of it, just time. Thanks :D I really do, with all of ups and down trucking has.. i think Panther as a whole will be a good fit for me...