New O/O Ready to Roll

HarvOS

Active Expediter
Just doing the newbie thing checking in here. I'm about to start running one ton with 40' gooseneck flatbed from Baton Rouge, LA area. Mostly oil field work.

Love the open road. I spent five months touring 11 states in my motorhome last year. The car business was good to me. Thought I would try getting paid for it now.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just doing the newbie thing checking in here. I'm about to start running one ton with 40' gooseneck flatbed from Baton Rouge, LA area. Mostly oil field work.

Love the open road. I spent five months touring 11 states in my motorhome last year. The car business was good to me. Thought I would try getting paid for it now.

Welcome..we don't have many hot shotters...keep us up on the news eh? LOL.....and we complain about rough roads...you guys are a tough bunch!!!

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Are you going to run oil field loads only or are you going to be running other hotshot loads as well?

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I picked up in Williston ND last year and I cracked to the shipper.....1700 miles by tomorrow? He looked shocked and said....well you are a hot shotter?...just get it there...and he walked away.....LOL

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Hi, Newbie - love the sigline, lol.
I did a little bit of hotshot driving as a part timer, for a friend when I lived in New Orleans - if you go through Golden Meadows, La, GO SLOW!!!
My regular job was in a part of a warehouse called The Morgue - I got a kick out of writing 'occupation' on my tax forms that year: "Morgue attendant & Hot Shot Driver".
I didn't get audited, either - maybe the IRS does have a sense of humor...:D

HarvOS

Active Expediter
Are you going to run oil field loads only or are you going to be running other hotshot loads as well?

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

I'd haul 10,000 lbs of used condoms for $4/mile. Oil and Chemicals pay good money. Other guys are getting $3+ per one way mile. I can live with that. Its all about the Benjamins....

HarvOS

Active Expediter
Hi, Newbie - love the sigline, lol.
I did a little bit of hotshot driving as a part timer, for a friend when I lived in New Orleans - if you go through Golden Meadows, La, GO SLOW!!!
My regular job was in a part of a warehouse called The Morgue - I got a kick out of writing 'occupation' on my tax forms that year: "Morgue attendant & Hot Shot Driver".
I didn't get audited, either - maybe the IRS does have a sense of humor...:D

I used to do radio ads in the car business, give my info, and then end with that line. Also told all customers. They were never sure if I was joking. I wasn't.....