Cargo Van New Here - Question Regarding Fleet Vision (Bolt)

Shanna

New Recruit
Fleet Owner
Hi everyone, I'm new here - we just started with Bolt Express. We have a 2500 Freightliner/Mercedes Cargo Van.

I have also just gotten access to Fleet Vision and was wondering if anyone here would know about the "Satellite Messages" portion and whether or not it should work...so far I'm not able to pull anything up no matter what I input into the boxes on the form in Fleet Vision.

I think I'm clear on most everything else and how it functions, but this one thing has me wondering. I can't even get one message to pop so I'm thinking maybe it's just a function that isn't used?

Hope everyone is where they need to be for the weekend, stay safe!!

Shanna

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hi everyone, I'm new here - we just started with Bolt Express. We have a 2500 Freightliner/Mercedes Cargo Van.

I have also just gotten access to Fleet Vision and was wondering if anyone here would know about the "Satellite Messages" portion and whether or not it should work...so far I'm not able to pull anything up no matter what I input into the boxes on the form in Fleet Vision.

I think I'm clear on most everything else and how it functions, but this one thing has me wondering. I can't even get one message to pop so I'm thinking maybe it's just a function that isn't used?

Shanna
I think if you put your unit number in and push the for/return button on and push search it should bring up all your messages from your qc for that day. You cannot send messages in fleet vision just receive. Hope this helps.

Reactions: vandriver2

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hi Shanna, no problem with mine. It's active and working

Not sure what box you're referring to. If it's a driver ID box, then the company must initiate that for you. It'll show as a drop down box , and when you click on it, driver name will appear.

Shanna

New Recruit
Fleet Owner
Hi Everyone, wow thanks so much for the speedy replies! I would have answered sooner but goofy me forgot my password already and had to reset it. Sigh....

Yowpuggy - thanks! I guess I won't know how to use it until I can see it haha.

Treadmill - I'm putting in my unit number and I've tried pushing all kinds of buttons and entering TO numbers and PRO numbers, nothing brings up any messages at all. Thanks for letting me know that it only receives, that is something I was wondering about.

Mailer - Good to know that yours is working, so the problem must either be operator error (me). I have the driver ID box filled with my driver name so that is all set up. My driver has a load now and is rolling, but I can't even see messages from the Qualcomm for this load that he is on now no matter what I put in.

I guess I'll have to wait for Monday and get ahold of someone that knows what I'm doing wrong or resets whatever widget isn't working. :)

Thanks everyone!!!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Make sure you check the All RETN/FORW radio button. If you leave that set at the default unread setting you probably won't see anything.

Last edited:

Shanna

New Recruit
Fleet Owner
Thanks Turtle, I just tried again making sure the All RETN/FORW button is checked and still nothing. I have tried various dates and PRO/TO numbers, checking and unchecking the DISPATCH BOARD: All checkbox and still nothing.

I really can't imagine why everything else in Fleet Vision is working but this one feature isn't.

Thanks for the help!

Shanna

New Recruit
Fleet Owner
Another thought...does anyone know if the "Sound Alert When New Return Messages Arrive" checkbox really sounds when messages arrive?

I have had mine checked for two days now but of course if the sat messages portion isn't working then I suppose that wouldn't either. Just wondering if it works when things are behaving normally I suppose.

Yowpuggy

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Don't worry about that section all that stuff on the QC just concentrate on Settlement and maybe vehicle info

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Shanna
Hi Shanna, I've driven my Sprinter for Bolt now going on my 5th year.
Do and your new Driver have a Qualcomm in your Sprinter or is the Driver receiving the Load and Pay info via their Smart Phone?
Did you try typing in a Travel Order Number where it calls for that as well?
This may be a feature that they for some reason only activate for ST and TT. Don't know, but that's a good question for Curtis, Dave or Cody in Driver Relations.
Good Luck to you!

Shanna

New Recruit
Fleet Owner
Thanks Scottm4211!

Yowpuggy, you're right of course....I'm just new to this Fleet Vision and trying to sort everything out.

Vandriver2 - wow congrats on 5 years! Have you been with Bolt the whole time?

Yep, driver has a Qualcomm in the van. I have tried using various TOs with no results. I was wondering the same thing, perhaps its only relevant for the big trucks.

I was going to email someone tomorrow, but don't want to be too much of a pain in the rear. :) I'm already asking a lot of questions.

Thanks for the luck, we may need it - same back to you!

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Make sure you put the right date when you do a search... you gotta go back few days @ message date from/to

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks Scottm4211!

Yowpuggy, you're right of course....I'm just new to this Fleet Vision and trying to sort everything out.

Vandriver2 - wow congrats on 5 years! Have you been with Bolt the whole time?

Yep, driver has a Qualcomm in the van. I have tried using various TOs with no results. I was wondering the same thing, perhaps its only relevant for the big trucks.

I was going to email someone tomorrow, but don't want to be too much of a pain in the rear. :) I'm already asking a lot of questions.

Thanks for the luck, we may need it - same back to you!
I'm just entering into my 5th year now yes, solely Leased on with Bolt for that many years...
It's their JOB to answer your questions Shanna. There are 3 of them in Driver's Relations to do that so ask away!!!

Reactions: AnneM

Shanna

New Recruit
Fleet Owner
Thanks Vandriver2, sounds like you've really found your groove! I am happy to hear that you are working well with Bolt and they are working well with you in return.

I've left two phone/voicemail messages and left one message yesterday at the desk, my emails are going unanswered, I don't know what's going on.

I also am in need of clarification on a few other points, I was hoping to get some paperwork or something just emailed to me regarding deductions, etc., but for some reason nobody wants to answer. :-(

I'll try again. Thanks so much for your help!

Opel - Thanks for your suggestion, I've tried everything!

Reactions: Opel2010

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks Vandriver2, sounds like you've really found your groove! I am happy to hear that you are working well with Bolt and they are working well with you in return.

I've left two phone/voicemail messages and left one message yesterday at the desk, my emails are going unanswered, I don't know what's going on.

I also am in need of clarification on a few other points, I was hoping to get some paperwork or something just emailed to me regarding deductions, etc., but for some reason nobody wants to answer. :-(

I'll try again. Thanks so much for your help!

Opel - Thanks for your suggestion, I've tried everything!
It's actually pretty normal in my humble opinion. There's no groove, only pot holes. You just learn to adjust in trucking. Not enough people to answer phones, emails and questions. It's been like that for many years now. I hear they're cutting costs here and there like all businesses are doing, tightening their belt. Good luck.

Reactions: Shanna

Shanna

New Recruit
Fleet Owner
VanDriver2... thanks again for your input.

Sadly, I have found out for myself that I am probably in the former category that Kim and Cody spoke about above. I have had a few problems recently that need attention - problems with Fleet Vision that won't go away without some sort of corporate intervention - and can't even get a return email. I am seeing a pattern. Emails go unanswered, calls going straight to voicemail with no return calls. I have been spoken to in a condescending manner on more than one occasion, and this is only my second month working with Bolt.

I don't need hand-holding, my husband and I are coming from a big truck and are more than familiar with most things - I'm just disappointed in the manner with which they are choose to treat their contractors.