New flat rate

flat

Rookie Expediter
:mad::confused: From what I heard on the last conference calls was if you aren't a W.G. division truck you are now a discount truck. question ask are TSA, DOD, WG, HAZ and radiation load discount loads and they said some are but you will get a nickel more a mile (hope that's on DH & run miles both):eek: then why have the endorsements fedex said they would get you better paying loads:confused:. this flat rate was to cover surfaces loads now it seems to be all loads. So if I take a W/G load and use all my W/G equipment l/g, more then 4 strap, bars & blankets I get a .05 added/mile. is this right. I can see if you have the bare min. equipment and only can respond to bare min. loads then you should be receiving the new flat rate and the loads are bare min, loads. But when you go the extra mile with equipment & endorsements and the load is paying for these services then it should be sent out at the same rate it is sent to the WG division trucks. fedex said the computer cant do this because your truck to the computer can only see you as a discount truck. I disagree these loads go thru different division and could be flagged as TSA,WG,DOD,HAZ & Rad loads. To me this should show fedex the bare min they should be charging for these loads & added services not force our paid down and drive more miles the make up for the lower rates and preform the same services. Which is CUSTOM CRITICAL not Common Carrier

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
I wasn't on the last call but my understanding originally was that dod loads would continue to be negotiated no matter what truck it goes to. Has this changed?

flat

Rookie Expediter
All i heard was once on flat rate all loads will be sent in that form to you @ flat rate. All i can say is respond with à 2 & for reason put below truck revenue or BBD bad business decision

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
My declines will always include a $ figure. What's the worst that could happen ? Get a call from my CC telling me to stop ?

CCDriver

Active Expediter
My declines will always include a $ figure. What's the worst that could happen ? Get a call from my CC telling me to stop ?

Yep I agree with the duck. That flat rate nonsense is all good and fine till they need us to carry the load, then if it gets carried it will be at a price a bit different then the original.

Kind of like the turn downs effecting your spot in the line up. Lot of drivers were almost going crazy over that. My opinion was well you know what it takes to run your ship can't let whatever Fed Ex comes up with change that.

It seems Fed Ex is trying to get to a certain point financialy but somehow forgetting their fleet isn't their fleet. If they want control then they should go out and pay $200,000 + per unit for a DR and then put their own people behind the wheel.

I'm waiting for all the fleet owners and individual truck owners to demand that 100% of the fuel surcharge be given back. And accountability when a loads given out to a truck be followed.

Been several times that the 60% of the load (in the contract) hasn't been adheared to. Also when a load is given to a truck and then they shop around find a cheaper truck they say it's canceled. That BS needs to stop. I understand that some loads do legitimately cancel but not all of them. Need a way to actualy check on that sort of thing.

Something rotten in Denmark and it isn't the cod.