Forum Tip New Features of the Forum

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
We've been making some small changes to the forum software to, hopefully, make things more fun.

Quick Preview
After you finish typing a reply, when you click to the "More Options" button you are taken directly to the "Preview" screen. Previously you had to click the "More Options" button and then click the "Preview" button to get to the preview screen. This saves you a step, and tens of seconds a year, not to mention wear and tear on your mouse or trackpad, dramatically reducing your CPM (Cost Per Message).

Mini Avatar with Tag
When you tag someone in a post with the "@name" function, instead of the "@" appearing next to their name, it will be replaced with a miniature picture of their avatar. Works best when they have a really kewl avatar like chillout and her Chill Pill, or davekc and his portrait, but FlyingVan and his van woks, too. You can click on either their name or the mini avatar to get their Member Card to pop up where you can then click to go to their Profile page, start a Conversation, etc. Tagging someone, of course, gives them an Alert that they were mentioned in a post.

Warning on Old Threads
A warning box appears when attempting to reply to threads older than one year. If you check the box acknowledging the warning, you can go ahead and resurrect the thread anyway. Please don't try and see how many old threads you can resurrect just to test it out. Thank you for your cooperation.

Who Replied
When viewing a list of threads, you will see numbers next to Replies and Views indicating how many replies the thread has and how many views it has received. The number next to Replies is clickable. When clicked the popup overlay will show who has replied in that thread and how may replied they have made. Clicking their name or avatar gets you to their Member Card, and clicking their number of posts gets you the results of a search for that user's posts in that particular thread.

What Mood Are You In?
You can now set your mood. Just click it.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What Mood Are You In?
You can now set your mood. Just click it.

How does one remove the mood thing from below the avatar. I would like to go back to having no mood although I'm a bit po'd that I can't remove my sad mood.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
How does one remove the mood thing from below the avatar. I would like to go back to having no mood although I'm a bit po'd that I can't remove my sad mood.
Let me think on that.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
First remove your avatar.
So I can have an ugly black and white question mark instead of my dog? Next time you come over Lyla is going to bite you in the butt.

Mentally insert rap background music.
She's baad
She's P. Nuffy Doo Doo
She's comin' at you on all fours
She gonna bus a toof in yer ass

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
the new management forum should be listed in the Company and Carrier forum instead of where its at now....IMO

I keep having to look at that...it sticks out like a sore thumb its so far out of place it really looks silly there....for such a usually organized board.....IMO...whats up with that?....

That should only be visible to the members that are eligible to read and post there ...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
That should only be visible to the members that are eligible to read and post there ...
Once it's up and running we may do that, but owners/managers of carriers might not know to ask for access if they don't even know the forum is there.

BTW, deleted all those off topic posts. If anything important got gone, it can be undeleted and moved to the forum of the author's choice.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Big thanks to JoshM as we now have the new default avatars active for those members who have not yet uploaded one to their profile. As the old ones are still cached on the server for each profile, you may have to refresh the screen a couple of times if they aren't showing up.

These are the old and new avatars. :happydance:

View media item 46
And the new default avatars for Male, Female, and for Not Specified.

View media item 45

Reactions: chillout

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
New Thread Prefixes in The Tech Shop. Any prefixes you want in any of the other forums?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Prefix me on a Friday Load please.
You want a thread prefix that says "Friday Load"? I'm not really sure how such a thread prefix would be all that beneficial. The key feature of a thread prefixes is not to denote what the thread is about, but rather you can click the prefix and it will filter out all of the threads which don't have that prefix. Click the GPS prefix and BAM! only threads with the GPS prefix are shown.

Reactions: vandriver2

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You want a thread prefix that says "Friday Load"? I'm not really sure how such a thread prefix would be all that beneficial. The key feature of a thread prefixes is not to denote what the thread is about, but rather you can click the prefix and it will filter out all of the threads which don't have that prefix. Click the GPS prefix and BAM! only threads with the GPS prefix are shown.
You are doing a great Job here Turtle!
My way of being humorous didn't come across.
Fail.