New Driver's Web Portal

funsized

Seasoned Expediter
Are you still able to use the driver webpages from your cell phone and what type of phone is it? (ie: Droid, Iphone, Blackberry, Messaging phone)

The new driver webpage is based on the MS .net active server pages. The new website is very PRETTY but hardly functional to me as a truck driver. I can no longer see the website on my phone. The menus cannot be refreshed, you constantly have to re-login to the website.

I used to be able to leave my truck (dinner, shopping, movie, showers) and use my cell phone to quickly check the website for board positions and check if I'm on a pro. Now I have to either be trapped inside the truck with the QC and laptop or drag my laptop out with me. The only thing I can see on the new driver pages is the pending paperwork. I know if I see a pending pro then I'm on a load. This means I have to call in and spend the dispatchers or driver releations time to find out everything I used to be able to find out on the website. This ties up the dispatchers & DR for no reason and I seem to spend even more time on hold.

I use a basic touchscreen phone (Samsung brand messaging phone) that is mainly for light web usage, text messaging, email and so forth. I do not use one of the new Smartphones with the Windows or Android based OS or a Blackberry / Iphone since the carriers charge more fees to use these types of phones.

I have emailed in to SK but I never heard anything back. The Webmaster could easily create a text based webpage (m.panther mobile.panther) for phones and use a basic redirect off of the webpage for any mobile devices. (walmart / accuweather / msnbc / cnn / google)

I just want to know if anyone is able to use the new site on their phone so that I can run the numbers and see if the expense of having to cancelling my current contract (give up $$$ to the phone robber) getting a new SmartPhone (give more $$$) buy a new phone plan for my new expensive phone that will only be used to check the PRETTY website (more and more $$$)

P.S. Can I get a Raise & not just more air in my seat???

ts675

Seasoned Expediter
Yes just go to panther main site then driver web. Bookmark it there as they have changed the url. Everything else is as it was

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

funsized

Seasoned Expediter
Yes just go to panther main site then driver web. Bookmark it there as they have changed the url. Everything else is as it was

Terry, Does this mean that you can use the new website and still read your board position, availability, stats and satellite position from your phone droid with the Android Operating system?

I understand they changed the webpage URLs I cannot see the new frames in the active server pages where the database information is filled into the webpage. I just get an error stating that the webpage data is too big to appear on my phone and a .net issue since my phone does not run a windows compatible operating system.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Just did a check on the Iphone and everything seems to be working.

ts675

Seasoned Expediter
Yes I can see everything on the new site, refresh all and everything works fine. Have you updated your phone? Might be something missing there.

JimmyB

Seasoned Expediter
Everything is working right down to the references section on my HTC EVO.....
Very fast also.....