New cargo van o/o

Tm1162

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I would like to know if my pay will be different if I were to obtain my own authority instead of signing on with a company?

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The answer to your question is YES.
If you need to ask, you’re not ready for your own authority.
Go sign on with 1 legit company and learn the business.

You can thank me later.
Tell us alittle about yourself, your experience, and your equipment.
You may get pointed to a good carrier. Or not.

Reactions: NorthernBill

Tm1162

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Ok, thanks for the reply. I drove flatbed about 12 years ago and took a good paying factory job until I got tired of being closed in. I quit and went and got my cdl again and didn't want to be a company driver again, so I'm getting a van a try expediting.

Local Delivery Service

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Just from experience your going to want to get with a company to get your feet wet. There is a lot to learn and choosing a company only you can do that because what works for one person may not work for you. Do a lot of research do what your doing on here and ask a lot of question. You know what OTR is you have done it but being in a van compared to a big rig with a nice big bed and all the luxury yes I said luxury... LOL.. Because that's what you have in a big rig compared to a van..LOL. But anyways just do your homework and you will do fine. P.S. I can say luxury because I have driven a big rig, straight truck and van I know all worlds. Oh did you mean Van as a big rig or a Van as a cargo van? If you have any question just get ahold of me.