New APU

Harley

Expert Expediter
Looking at a new APU called Dynasys made by Hodyon in Texas. Anybody had any experience with this one?

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
The research I have done on this unit is very positive. It has a very high owner approval and you can run both heat and cooling with the shore power. OOIDA promotes it and has very easy financing (may not be the cheapest)

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 2

Last edited:

petercar

Active Expediter
whats the price tag apu with shore power ? does it have a DPF ?
what is the cooling btu and heating

petercar

Active Expediter
I checked out their web site, I like the stainless covers and 6 k gen, not a 1800w power inverter that kills your battery and over works the Alt.

Harley

Expert Expediter
The one I am looking at is a repo and I can get it and installed for $6500. The shore power is $800 more so don't know if I want that. One question, I have an inverter now so would this unit require that I remove it first? It has shore power that bypasses the inverter and charges my batteries. I am electrically challenged so any input you guys have would be appreciated.

petercar

Active Expediter
The one I am looking at is a repo and I can get it and installed for $6500. The shore power is $800 more so don't know if I want that. One question, I have an inverter now so would this unit require that I remove it first? It has shore power that bypasses the inverter and charges my batteries. I am electrically challenged so any input you guys have would be appreciated.

you still could use the inverter,cause it gets the power right from the battery.
if you had shore power, it would save from running off the battery or running the apu.
if the truck has a DPF the APU needs a DPF for C A R B

Harley

Expert Expediter
Thanks for the input fellas. The APU was sold before I could get back to Texas so my search continues. Not gonna rush into buying a brand new one but that is still a viable option. Anyway Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you.
Harley