New and many questions looking for answers.

rmsayers

Seasoned Expediter
Well this is new adventure for my hubby and I as he has been a OTR for 20 years and me 2 years. We have thought about going Expedited. Well we had our 1st day or orentation today with Express-1. Wow what a eye opener.We do not have our own truck. We learned this weekend that we are going to be 1099 and get to pay for our drug test driving test and workmans comp. Was wonderig if this is all part of expidited? Was wondering about those wonderful taxes. Do you get a accountant and have them deal with it. How do you handle this as we do not want a huge IRS bill. If anyone whould have any other pointers that would be great. Any help would be great thank you in advance.

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
Go back to the Forum Page and Scroll down to the Tax Topics Thread, Ask your Questions about the Taxes There, There you should find all your Answers! Yes I would Get an Accountant who is Familiar with Trucking!, And yes, The Drug Test, and Workmens Comp You Have to Pay For! As far as a Driving Test? Some Companies will also want you to Pay for that as well! Good Luck :)

buddy

Seasoned Expediter
Welcome to this site.

Our acountant advises that we hold out 15-20% each pay period. Since we are new like you and being independant he continued to point out that for the first year we will not file quarterly because we have no foundation to work with.

Save your driver log books for 3 years or more in case you are audited

Good luck with you new biz.