New 2006 International 4300 with 466 engine Benz 8

garman351

Expert Expediter
Can anybody help me?

I'm looking at the new above mentioned truck, does anybody know about these units?

The 466 is supposed to be a new wet sleeve design motor, and the new Benz sleeper. I was quoted $77K for this unit with a 250K warrenty.

Does this motor have enough power etc.

The benz sleeper at 84" is that really big enough for a teaam to live out of for three weeks at a time?

Thanks,
Garman351

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
RE: New 2006 International 4300 with 466 engine Be

Actually, the 466 is not a new design. It's been around IH since the 70's, starting being used in farm tractors. It is an excellent engine and well proven, economical to rebuild, and service is available almost everywhere. There are many versions of the 466 as far as HP is concerned. The 210HP would not be enough, the 275 would. Sleeper size - if you want to go camping, buy a Winnebago.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter

If it is only 77K are you sure? Price sounds way to good to be true with an 84 Bentz. Are you sure its not 77 for a truck and box than add the sleeper.

A Bentz sleeper 84 is gona probably run 25K with some options not loaded, a Van Body 10 to 12K than the truck 48 to 55. Add these #s up and anyone feel free to correct me.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

I've talked to 2 drivers in International trucks. Both liked them. I did 5 weeks with a training driver in a 70" Columbia but that was T/T for USA. We probably were only stopped a few hours during the 5 weeks so it was pretty much having the sleeper to yourself. Other than that I haven't done team but one thing in your favor is that Bentz makes a really comfortable sleeper. Good luck.

Leo
truck 4958
73's K5LDB

Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

garman351

Expert Expediter

I would like to thank all of you for the help on the 2006 International questions I asked.

I did not know what engine option this unit has, I just thought that a certain model only came with one engine option but I never thought about it either.

Price: On a lease offering the unit I'm looking at is 77K at the end of 42 months the purchase option is $15,400 that would make more sence looking At the total picture. But why should I even think about the purchase option when we can get into another new unit before we get stuck with the old one.

I like the reply about buying a camper if we want to be more comfortable, "funny thought" but spending the big money I want to be sure this 84in sleeper will be a good fit for my drivers and it does sound like a good one.

I would like to hear any other feed back on these units please.

Thanks,
Garman 351

garman351

Expert Expediter

On my previous posting as far as price goes does my lease offering sound good, or is there something I should possibly consider?

Any truck dealers that treat you good anybody knows of.

Thanks,
Garman351

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

$77,000 sounds low for a 84" bentz. I would review that lease carefully.
They are showing those trucks retail at 90,000 to 100,000. I must be missing something.

What dealer is this?

davekc

garman351

Expert Expediter

I'm dealing with a fleet owner only. I'm not dealing with any
lying,rip you off dealership.

This guy does make 7.0% interest from us and a small % of the miles.

Overal we are leasing a unit from this man right now and they have treated us like family.

Garman351
:D :D