Nervous Newbie

yogaines

New Recruit
Researching
It was a process but, my husband and I will be going to orientation on the 21st for FEDEX CC. I'm excited and nervous at the same time.

Reactions: RoadTime

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Take lots of notes during orientation as you will be amazed when you take your first load of all that you forgot.. Also get names and numbers of who you can call for help! Good Luck

Reactions: yogaines

Truckster1036

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Do you guys think a sprinter owner could run his truck from using just freight boards and not be leased on with a trucking company i wonder is that possible.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Do you guys think a sprinter owner could run his truck from using just freight boards and not be leased on with a trucking company i wonder is that possible.

It’s possible.
As a hobby, part time.
As a business, no.
Some guys can’t profit with a Sprinter leased to a carrier.

Reactions: C&J

Truckster1036

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was wondering if it was possible.what i will probably do is put on a sprinter lease on with a company and put a driver in it with the 60/40 split and if it runs ok do a second sprinter i ran taxicabs with a similar split for years.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Money to some, is not suitable money to others.

Do you have a business plan ?
A Sprinter now, or one lined up ?
Access to a good experienced driver, or do you have to find one ?

What kind of money do you have to invest and what do you feel is a good ROI ?

Truckster1036

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Im really experienced in the taxi buisness owned a cab co had 25 drivers on percentage split money is not problem as long as those sprinters will make a return no one wants to put money into something that wont make a return as far as drivers i know a bunch of thirsty people.

redskunk

Expert Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Army
Welcome aboard. Just remember this is equal parts lifestyle and job. At first it will seem overwhelming, but as you get the feel of things it will get better.

Good luck and be safe out there.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: yogaines