Neil Young was right

tallcal101

Veteran Expediter
Sweet home Alabama,where the blah blah blah.
After the third and last attempt to hire "professional"drivers from this sorry State,I shall forever thank Niel for penning Southern Man,so many years ago.It's not racial,as stupidity just seems to be bred into the general population like some kind of massive genetic fire storm.
I mean,I have hired from 15 states in 6.5 years,and never experienced the level of shiftless,dirty,lieing and sneaky individuals(down right ignorant)that the sorry individuals I have welcomed into my fleet from places like Silicaqua,Butts Point(or something like that)not to mention Birmingham.
I have come to the conclusion this state should not entertain the idea of higher education(not possible)and just send them to Texas to become border guards at age 12.
For thoses able to read and write by 12,perhaps some kind of learning center is correct.
So,please tell me I have it all wrong.I really want to love all people,and am open to suggestions on how to get over this stigma that is making my like so confusing.
I mean,I'm an open minded Californian looking to be enlightened.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Forget Alabama and go to Arkansas where that great Gov Mr Bill and the Hildabeast did a superb job in bringing up educational levels.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Oh Rich, the latest news is that the Dems are worried about Arkansas because it is becoming a conservitive state.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I don't know about Alabama, but I think he was correct in saying that it's better to burn out than to rust...;)

tallcal101

Veteran Expediter
Hi,
If you have not checked out Neil's new DVD, his concert at the Ryman in Nasville,it's a must see.
As well,his new CD(not for most on this forum)strikes a direct hit.
I know,I can hear it now,what right does a Canadian millionair who lives in America(and pays American tax's) have to complain American "forrine ya hoo I aint budgin'" policy?The fact he's a human being.He was,as well,a staunch supporter of Ronny Raygun,the only thing I can't forgive Neil for.
Be safe.

JeffJensen

Moderator Emeritus
Tallcal,

Those were very interesting comments you made regarding our fellow citizens in the southland.

Particularly, the colorful language you use to portray the "shiftless,dirty,lieing(sic) and sneaky individuals(down right ignorant)that the sorry individuals I have welcomed into my fleet from places like Silicaqua,Butts Point(or something like that)not to mention Birmingham."

I'm not really sure just how many forum members we have here who hail from the fine state of Alabama, so your character judgments might have fallen on deaf ears. However, I'm sure that if you were to visit the typical roadhouse, tavern or other social gathering place in let's say, Decatur, Ft.Payne, Montgomery or even your apparent favorite, Birmingham, and share your analysis with the patrons of these establishments, a lvely debate would ensue.

Perhaps you could get the discussion underway by repeating your comment, "stupidity just seems to be bred into the general population like some kind of massive genetic fire storm."

Oh, and be sure to tell them that you're from California!

Let us know if you enjoyed your visit.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
What do you expect from someone who is isolated in his own little world? Stupidity may be bread in the South, but ignorance is alive and well in California!

I've been around this country, and I've found both kind and honest ppl along with the selfish, greedy backstabbers you've described. Even in NYC there are plenty of ppl who will help you in a minute. Southern hospitality is still alive and well in the South, tho you may have to look a bit harder in Atlanta! ;)

Surely you happened on a couple of bad eggs. Is it right you trash the whole state because of your frustration? My guess is you're just stirring the pot to see what comes to the top.

tallcal101

Veteran Expediter
My comments were out of line.They were said in anger,after the third incident.
Being the butt of every California generalaztion known to man on this forum,I got a little carried away with my anger.
So,to all the good folk of the great state of Alabama,I apologize,and to the forum members as well.

tallcal101

Veteran Expediter
Once again,my comments were over the top.I'm sorry if I offended you.
I almost travled to Birmingham last year to sue the Freightliner dealer in Birmimgham(another story that defies the imagination)).My lawyer was able to get things worked out,but I had a round trip ticket purchased.
I'm quite certain that,with my in appropriate attitude,and my knowledge(from recent experience)of the free use of shotguns to win arguments,I would have not been welcome at any of said roadhouses's.I have indeed been threatenedd and tossed out of(and run for my life)from more then one red neck bar,hotel lounge etc. just for saying San Francisco,let alone letting on it's my home.
I only stopped in for a beer,tried being friendly,and was shown the door.
In my defense,I have never shown any guest,or tourist, from anywhere, anything but respect and tolorance in my home town,regardless of their city,country of origin, race or religion.That includes many,many people from the south.San Francisco attracks millions of tourists each year,and helping them is a way of life for locals.
Be safe

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Well it doesn't matter if you are a Liberal,Conservative, Liberterian, Communist, Socalist etc. Dealing with Freightliner dealers can make anyone temporarily insane and give primal urges to kill.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Whatever your political opinions, you gotta hand it to TallCall for having the class to apologize, not once, but twice. Good show! There isn't any state, or ethnic group, or gender, or ANY category of people whatsoever that's purely good, or bad, or any adjective - it just seems that way to some of us sometimes, until we get our rationality back. Assuming we had it to begin with....:+

Pappy

Expert Expediter
Excuse me Rich, but can we be just a little more realistic! lets say we just forget the dealer and tell the bare truth. Sometimes just dealing with the FREIGHTLINER itself drives me CRAAAAAAZY!
Pappy
35 years OTR T/T (perhaps a few too many) :p

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was just imagineing what a Neil Young/Bob Dylan duet might sound like. Maybe throw in Bruce Springsteen/Tom Petty as background singers.