need some in put

bluethunder

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
can an owner take money from a subcontractor for when the sub pages him to find out about his last paycheck
and 2:can he also take money from his pay for stamps and envolpos to send him his paycheck to him
3:can he make the sub contractor pay for him to recive a fax paper that he wanted me to fax to him

Beaker

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Yes to all of your questions, unless you signed a contract that specifies otherwise.

I'd try to reason with this OO if they're willing to reason. If these things bother you to the point of not willing put up with this penny pincher, move on. It's a drivers market. Owners are going crazy to find drivers they can count on. You'll be able to find another OO that isn't like this one.
On the other hand, if the money is good...Put up with it! :)

bluethunder

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
i have left this o/o and not going back on the road for a while i think as i'm tired of how o/o can get away with alot of things now days

Ridgerunner

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Oh, you are so right, and I can name one inparticular right now. Hee hee hee.

Ridgerunner.

I look forward to God's judgement...

Leviticus ch. 20 verse 13 reads;

"If a man also lie with mankind as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon THEM." (emphasis mine)

Lonnie

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>Ridgerunner.
>I look forward to God's judgement...

Ridge, you forgot a scripture that addresses you.

Love's ways are ever fair, it takes no thought for itself; it is not quickly made angry, it keeps no account of evil; It takes no pleasure in wrong doing, but has joy in what is true
I Corinthians 13:5,6

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I think you should find a new Contrator to work for, that is being a little foolish for charging you for everything, what he is doing is making you pay his expenses, So, Keep track of everything you spend and you take the deduction off of your taxes at the end of the year. Remember
that since its your own business and you recieve a 1099 from him, its your expense.
I am a Tax Professional and an Expediter who specializes in the transportation industry. so if you have any questions E-mail me at [email protected]