Need Info on Satellite

G

My company is requiring Quelcom (sp.) $275 instalation $12a week fees. What can you do with it other than have contact with dispatch. Does it keep track of miles, drive time. Can you get running etas, directions. Can I send e-mail to my home computer? How about attachments? ie. printer, fax, voice chat. I need the complete low down here. Thanks.

G

Ok call me a wimp....but I love the QC!!!! (clink, Qualacommunist, Big Brother, Black Box or .........whatever u call it.).

It has made my life ALLOT easier. We are getting email service soon on ours, but from what I hear its just straight raw text no attachments either.

The 12 bucks a week is a STEAL!!! You cant hardly buy one for that price. The install price is cool too. Your pager will become obsolete. Just keep a decent cell phone around.

Yes, it can track you and your miles. Talked to a driver for England Logistics he said that they have to install a "box" for the company to track your speed, engine temp & rpm's.

THE X

PS - If they want to install a DOT chip in your forehead, dont sweat it. he he!

:eek:

G

Sounds good X, our highwaymaster makes a dandy hat rack and costs us $25.00 per week!...lol

G

someones got a big head for it to be a good hat rack!!! LOL!! You are right though, it is junk, for the last 2wks my messages have been at minimum 24hrs old when i recieved them, that is TERRIBLE timing and could be real costly, I wish that we had something different because the only thing that i know the highydisaster is halfway good for is showing your truck in an area , as long as you were there when it last downloaded

G

Small companies can benefit from having voice communications through American Mobile Satellite's AMSC-1 bird.
Unlimited voice 2-way communications without a log that could be subpoened (for those pushing the fence).
It is my understanding that "q" owns the data and archives it indefinately.

G

i had a american satalite when i was with a small no name company.it tracted truck by speed and longitude and latitude.it helped me beat a speeding ticket in nj.cops said i was going 85 in a 55.