Need Info Fast

G

We have found and excellent o/o to drive for, but have one obstacle in our way, if any of you can help us we would greatly appreciate it. We need to know where contractors can find medical insurance, can you get it thru Brown and Brown if you are contractors and not owner operators? We want to make our decisions this weekend if possible, we don't want to quit our present company and end up with no insurance. Thanks for any helps you can give. Echo and Froggybutton

WendyCal

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Howdy, Sandra! Welcome to the Newbies Paradise!

My husband and i have checked into various health insurances and have found that UniCare seems to be the best choice for us. There are 3 good co-pay options available, as well as an annual deductible option, and the price is right. You can use NorthernLight to search for an agent in your state.

Good luck to you!

Godspeed to all of you out there on the highways and byways!

LittleBigTruck

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Good luck with getting on the road! I'm not sure if it's a national law, or just mine here in NY, but employers are required to allow you to remain on their insurance for 18 months under the COBRA plan. You will have to pay the premiums to your (ex)employer. Gives you time to shop around for a suitable insurance plan.

G

WE TRIED TO HELP YOU WE HAVE ARE TRUCK INS THEY HAVE GIVEN US A PHONE NUMBER TO CALL ABOUT INS . AND WE GOT SOME PAPERS ON INS. FROM OWNER/OPTER. BUT YOU MUST HAVE FOUND A BETTER DEAL WITH SOMEONE ELSE THANK YOU . BRENDA AND DENNIS 1-313-388-9381 MI.ARE TRUCKS LEASED TO TRI-STATE