Need help

kingslim419

New Recruit
Researching
Hi I’m felon trying to change my life up are there companies fleet owners that hire felons or is it better for me to do it myself and become owner operator

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
3 things
1. How long ago the crime was committed.
2 depends on what the crime was.
3. If it involved drinking/drugs while driving for get it. Nobody will hire you till the tickets are off your driving record unless you were doing so while driving with a cdl.
If driving a semi or straight truck while drunk your dac record will never be clear.....

kingslim419

New Recruit
Researching
Appreciate reply it’s been 4yrs and it’s drug trafficking no driving offenses or anything violent I’m looking at the sprinter cargo van trade right now

Reactions: Grumpy Grandpa

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Most companies require you to be over 23 and have a dot medical card.....I would talk to each recruiter that you apply about the conviction and circumstance of the crime.....be honest and very very truthful....you would be better being a owner operator of your own van and just apply to companies on here.

Shotcallerj

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Appreciate reply it’s been 4yrs and it’s drug trafficking no driving offenses or anything violent I’m looking at the sprinter cargo van trade right now
Honestly.. don't waste your time. Drug trafficking charge will not fly with companies because you're hauling freight.... especially since some expedite comes from the border. If you find a company that's willing to accept that they aren't worth much of anything.

kingslim419

New Recruit
Researching
So what should I do it’s a weed charge it’s been 5yrs you thinking owner operator and forget company driver lmk

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Don't go out and buy a van and then hope that someone will take you with that felony. Talk to recruiters, apply and when you are 100% sure they take you then go and buy it. You wouldn't want to be stuck with a van and not being able to use it.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sierra Invenio

Shotcallerj

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
So what should I do it’s a weed charge it’s been 5yrs you thinking owner operator and forget company driver lmk
It doesn't matter if it's been 25 years. There is no company that's worth anything that's going to bring you on having a felony record for drug trafficking. Whether as an owner operator or a contract driver. Expedite is a risk for such things.

kingslim419

New Recruit
Researching
Don't go out and buy a van and then hope that someone will take you with that felony. Talk to recruiters, apply and when you are 100% sure they take you then go and buy it. You wouldn't want to be stuck with a van and not being able to use it.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
But my real question are there companies out there that will hire a felon I can get in a semi and find a job so why not in a van there has to be a second chance some where out here

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
We deliver to places not normally gone to like military bases and nuclear power plants so the companies have to be strict in who they send.