Need a new cell phone, I think..

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Ok,,my existing Fascinate cell phone wound up in the water for about 30 minutes in the lake ( dont ask ). After finally retrieving it, I let it sit out on the table over night. No, I did not do the rice thingy.

OK, I turn it on the next morning ,,,and IT Works,,,,,how can that be,all my previous phones died when fully soaked....

I am due a phone now at Verizon ,,,so what is in your opinion a model to select. Something in the same size as my existing fascinate would be good. It has enough whistles and bells for my world now,,so all comments would be appreciated. Note: when I go into a Verizon store,,all those phones on display just run together like spaghetti and confusion sets in...lol

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
iPhone 5s or 5c. If you don't like apple go with a galaxy for Samsung. If you like taking pictures try the new Nokia with the 25 megapixel camera

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Anything but an iPhone, unless you like the candy that comes out when you turn it upside down and shake it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have the Moto G on order from Amazon. I think its a great deal at $180. OK not all the bells and whistles of the $600. phones but 10 times better than what I have. The best thing is NO CONTRACT. It is unlocked and runs Google Jelly Bean. It can be put on any network using GSM. They say a CDMA model will be available in about 6 months.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I am due a phone now at Verizon ,,,so what is in your opinion a model to select.

sshoephonexl7.jpg

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
I sure do love my Galaxy Note 3, ya its big and easy to use and read, put it in a mount on the dash and its easy to use and read, Ive had great luck with Galaxy, Samsung products...

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
I sure do love my Galaxy Note 3, ya its big and easy to use and read, put it in a mount on the dash and its easy to use and read, Ive had great luck with Galaxy, Samsung products...

I've heard really good things about those. Almost got one when I upgraded to my iPhone 5 but I just prefer the iOS better than google

roadeyes

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
All bells and whistles aside, the most important thing imo is that it works well as a cell phone. Some receive/transmit better than others. HTC used to be one of the worst as far as call quality/dropped calls go. Don't know if the new models are better but I would check out some phone review sites first.

I'm still using an iPhone 3GS as it works well and while I wish it had 4g data speed, it still does what I need it to do and above all has great reception. If I was to upgrade today though I think I would be leaning towards the Samsung note 3.