Neat trucker toy

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
This is a really cool R/C forklift I got a couple of years ago. It is the "Mega Lifter" by Hobby Zone, and is available for about $120 from a ton of places on the web. Not so much a toy, it is very realistic- moves in all directions, the forks go up to 18" and have tilt, and the individual forks can be slid on the support. Includes everything needed to go, even a pallet and 55 gallon drum of Hazmat slurrey. UAW overpaid dock worker attitude is NOT included:D
-Weave-

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Boy with most toys wins!

I always find it interesting to know things that other truck drivers do aside from trucking. As some know I am an avid motorcyclist and enjoy old cars and bikes. I restored this 1981 Honda CX500 this summer. I do many technical postings on www.cx500.gobinet.se/ a Swedish based website for the Honda CX/GL vintage cycles. Many don't realize that 90% of New York state is very peaceful unpopulated countryland, and very fun to ride cycles here.
-Weave-

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
RE: Boy with most toys wins!

Nice lil bike Weave.. I see we have something in common... nothing so 'clean' as yours, but I do like older bikes... I've had a few, including a '63 BSA, a '73 Yamaha, and my current one an old '78 Kawasaki 750B Twin .. 2 cylinders, 2 side by side pipes, looks and sounds reminiscent of the old Triumphs, etc... lot of grunt takin off, but not much high speed... good for cruisin the Ohio backwoods.. :) :) :)

Dreamer

[font color="blue"]You're just jealous cause the voices only talk to ME!![/font]

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

The CX Vee twins were awesome bikes for their time- liquid cooled, shaft drive, and over 110 MPH top speed, with decent acceleration. They have come to be one of Honda's longest lasting cycles, many of the 20+ year old machines are still going. I have never heard of the Kawasaki 750B twin- Seen many KZ750 fours though Dreamer. Post a pix of it!
I am saving to buy my first "new" motorcycle next spring, a Kawasaki ZZR600.
-Weave-

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter

usually when I am off the road I am too tired to ride a bike...etc. Usually I just lay around and try to relax.
:9

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

Hey Bill,lots of new members on this site.you have to do your Christmas Card agin as that is a classic. I can remember my one and only motorcycle.It was an old Harley 74 with a flathead engine,suicide clutch, way too big for me.I owned it several months and one night it put me into a rear fender of a Mercury and that was the end of my Motorcycle riding.I am contemplating buying one of these little Vespa/Honda motor Scooters that are becoming popular.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
RE: Boys.. toys.. etc.(BIKE PIC for WEAVE)

Here ya go Weave...

1978 Kawasaki KZ750B Twin, Vertical 2 cylinder, I believe one of the largest Kawasaki vertical twins made.. more common were the 400-500cc models. Electric start plus kick start, came with the original Kawasaki tool kit wrapped in plastic under the seat, and the original 'hi-rise' sissy bar, which now resides in storage, 'just in case'.
The baffles are burnt out in the twin pipes, so it has a very definate loud 'popping' sound when idling by slow, which quickly revs to a banshee scream that would shame the newest crotch rockets.. LOL.. made some heads turn with this old bike.

I have not seen too many of these either, most shops I've went to for parts haven't heard of them :( :( had a heck of a time finding simple parts like brake parts, controls, etc... most of the time we found something similar, and made it work... I paid a grand total of $100.00 for it 6 years ago, not running, no brakes... came from an auction, noone knew anything about it, so I gambled... we had it running in less than 24 hours... right now I'm trying to find a correct starter for it... the old one died a while back, and kick-starting one of these old vertical twins SUCKS!! LOL.

I've had a lot of fun with this ol bike, still less than 15,000 miles on it.. not bad for a 25 year old bike.

Check the 'low low pipes'.. :) definate attention getter if ya roll in a corner too sharp... and the bike WILL 'high center' real easy if I'm not careful goin in and out of the drive.

Dreamer

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter

Lookin' good there, Billy Boy, LOOKIN' REAL GOOD!!!!!

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
DD

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter

>Hey Bill,lots of new members on this site.you have to do
>your Christmas Card agin as that is a classic. I can
>remember my one and only motorcycle.It was an old Harley 74
>with a flathead engine,suicide clutch, way too big for me.I
>owned it several months and one night it put me into a rear
>fender of a Mercury and that was the end of my Motorcycle
>riding.I am contemplating buying one of these little
>Vespa/Honda motor Scooters that are becoming popular.

Diva,
Actually no I don't. I found that on a website and just linked it from there. If I would have known people would have remembered it after all this time I would have kept it...lol

Lawrence told me in person once some people actually thought that was really me...lmao

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

I'll bet we still have it the archives!!! LM could find it if it is there. He will post it with your permission, I'm sure???

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter

>I'll bet we still have it the archives!!! LM could find it
>if it is there. He will post it with your permission, I'm
>sure???

If it can be fine, by all means bring it back up.}>

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

The picture stirred up my memory- it was a similar bike to the Yamaha 650 Special. Your 2 into one exhaust is an aftermarket add-on, the original KZ750B had a Sankei chrome 2 into 2 with collector, much like this one for sale on e-bay now. The aftermarket exhaust system was much cheaper to use than to replace the stock exhaust from Kawi, and it gave more power and sounded sweet. Your 750B is a nice looking classic!
-Weave-
....Chix talk about diets. Guys?? bikes, cars, trux, sports, pets, PC's, TV's, beer, chix, family, you name it! All in less than 10 seconds with minimal whining!

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member

Hey Weave!

I had to post pics of my new toy I just bought today... I knew you'd appreciate it...
1985 Honda 650 NIghthawk... 6545 miles

(yep.. that's right... 6545 original miles on a 19 year old bike.)

Believe it or not.... $700.00.. one of those "friend of a friend" deals... buddy called me last night, wanted to know if I was interested...

guy had it in his garage.. no time to ride.. etc.. I was only too happy to steal...er.. purchase it...

[img src="http://www.emotipad.com/liteemoticons/Clap%20Hands.gif"]

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

Very nice Nighthawk- Hard to find any of the 80's Hondas that still have the original paint and decals. That was a quick bike for it's time, my friend back in high school had a brand new one at that time. Should be a nice rider for the summer! I bought a new Kawi ZZR600 crotch rocket last month (in photo) but still like to putt around town on the CX500 in the earlier posting- it has only 5200 miles for an '81, but needed a total engine restoration as all the seals and gaskets on the water cooled mill dried up from lack of use. Hopefully that won't be an issue on your 650 with the air cooled engine. Have fun :)
-Weave-
ZZR600:

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member

Wow.. nice ride! I was wondering if you went ahead and got it yet, I saw in the earlier post you mentioned getting one!.. and... I guess your low miles old bike beats MY low miles..LOL.

Actually, tho the engine has not been rebuilt on this, he did rebuild the carbs and it has a new drive shaft and new tires..

Quite impressed me for it's age, tho I thought it would be too small for my size.. but it's really quite quick.. VERY tight touchy clutch tho.. my old Kawasaki had a real soft clutch.

Hope we have nice weather for riding!

Dreamer