NASA, we really need to get it together....

greg334

Veteran Expediter
...and clean house or close the doors. This place has become a good ol boys club, worst than any corperation can ever be.

I can’t believe that we gave the Russians a billion dollars to ship things to the “International Space Station†when we should be able to provide transportation to this money pit ourselves. I mean, what have we come to when we depend on the Russians for our transportation needs, maybe NASA working with UPS, FedEx and DHL will bring better solutions to NASA’s shipping needs than this at a more resonable price (as stupid as this sounds, who is more successful, NASA or UPS, FedEx and DHL?).

This all follows a long line of issues I have with them, starting with a defunct shuttle that can’t fly in the rain or when the wind blows the wrong way (we should have had a vehicle by now to replace it) to a nutty astronaut traveling around in diapers with a hammer, BB gun, rope and pepper spray who should be locked up and lobotomized to the top administrator destroying meeting evidence to the idea that they need to name everything after Neil Armstrong to flying Steven Hawking up so he can experience zero gravity to abondoning the Hubble (bring the thing home and fix it right) to a lack of a real vision for the agency and the country that does not include a global idea of what they vision should be – it is absolutely mind boggling that we can even get anything in space with this crowd.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
letzrockexpress, yep sure am on a roll. nothing to do but sit here and write, so I am writing.

Yea I know that the Hubble will be arriving here one way or another but it would be really worth the trip home properly, if for nothing else as a display to show us what it was all about. Oh, I read an op-ed by one of the 'leading' space experts and his opinion is that we should just let it go, but he failed to make the connection that we are still spending a lot of money on it and the replacement won't be up there for a while.

Oh well.... Back to celebrating.

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Somebody get an exorcist Greg's body has been taken over by Dennis Miller..
Awe to hell with it bring it Greg.
Mike :7

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
of course nasa is a good ol boys club. its the navy club. find this book about the program.....riding rockets, written by an astronaut. i don't have the book here or i would give you an author. great section about the fear of the pilots in the training program of the people who run it. got it at barnes and noble. another one i read was dragonfly. thats another long book i lent out to someone. its about nasa and the russian space agency training cosmo/astronauts together and what little nasa can do. i read it about 4 years ago so the memory is rusty but i think it was about the intl space station.

hubble?? my father in law personally coated the windows on the mercury, gemini, apollo and space shuttle windows after alan shepard got the hot crotch in his short trip. the same man would have done the mirrors on the hubble but nasa didn't want to spend money to do it right so they replaced the first one. there was talk of doing new windows for the next gen shuttle but with all the hazardous chemicals used it would have to be done in either nevada or mexico and not california where the first ones were done. the coating machine that did it is long taken apart and at 87 he isn't getting any younger to get the job done. there is no one else who knows as much as he does about coating glass. like skylab it will come tumbling down also some day.

Jack Berry