MyFitnesspal

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
A friend told me about this app and also web site and so far I have been very impressed. The App and the web site are free.

The web site is:
My Fitness Pal

I have yet to find a barcode or a food that it has not found. There are several posters using this app with great results.

One of the best things I like about this app is the Calorie Breakdown as staying healthy is not only counting calories but eating healthy calories.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
I have been using it for over a year. I really like it, the only downside, I think it over estimates on calories burned through some of the cardio. It has been a great aid in my personal weightloss journey. I am down to the weight I was pre trucking, pre illness. I actually bought a dress yesterday that was a size I dont think I have worn since highschool.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Jenny can you share any tips you have learned over the last year using this app and what you have done?

I know when I get tired I reach for food to help keep me awake. I still prefer the food to the old way when I used cigarettes to help keep me awake.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Yes, I will this afternoon after I get some errands done.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I knew a guy would drive from Mi to Texas, sleep 3 hours and go to LA and del.
He ATE cigarettes to stay awake. :(

chillout

Administrator
Staff member
On Time Media Staff
I really like it, the only downside, I think it over estimates on calories burned through some of the cardio. ...

You can change the amount of calories burned. I did not like the fact that it adds exercise calories to what I can eat. (ie if normal day is 1200, I work out and burn 300, MFP adjusts the calories I can eat to 1500)

So I usually just count 1 calorie for any exercise, so I am not tempted to just eat them up!

And congrats Jenny, I know weight loss is a long hard road that requires much work and determination! :cool:

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
MFP has shown me the reality of what is in the foods I eat that dont come with labels. My typical dinner at a restaurant was an entire days worth of calories and two days worth of fat. And I thought that I was eating "healthy". It has allowed me to keep track of EVERYTHING I put into my body and not sneeking things in that were sabotaging me as before. I started using it last February through the fall. I quit using it while I was home, and gained some weight due to poor choices. I started using it again in January of tbis year with a new username, (couldnt remeber the old one to save my life) and linked it to my social networking sites, that way friends can follow my progress as well. I also a feel a bit ashamed when I know I eat things that I shouldnt and everyone can see. I guess it gives me another form of responsibility.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
What interests me about MyFitnesspal is the Nutrient Details and this is an area I need to learn more about.

I know that I want to keep my sodium or salt down and do not add salt to anything. I would like to learn more about the pie chart and what goal I should be trying for in each of the categories: Carbohydrates - Fat - Protein.