my truck shaking , and lose power , I feel runing not smoothly

move88888

Rookie Expediter
my truck shaking , and lose power , I feel runing not smoothly

My truck chasis is M2, but the body is bus, made by general coach of America.
so the model: M1235
the dealer repair it according to M2 models:m2106
is it ok? is it right?
===============================
they diagnosis below:
ITEM description Emp id BIN
003F/HOR 995575 REPAIR KIT-FAN CLUTCH,38.1 STU 2772 S0807C

THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR THE FAN CLUTCH THAT IS NOW IN THE TRUCK HOR 79A9291 IS THE OEM FAN CLUTCH
THE ONE THAT IS IN THE TRUCK NOW IS 999202 NO REPLACEMENT OPTION AVAILABLE , WE NEED ADDITIONAL 3 HOURS FOR REBUILD, 2 HOURS INTO IT ALREADY

I REALLY not believe that, because my truck chasis is m2, 2005 year
boby is bus build in 2007, not very old , but they tell me The production(HOR 79A9291) doesn't be producted any more

IS THAT REASONABLE?????:confused::confused::confused::confused:

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
The part number you listed is a Horton fan clutch, and yes, it is obsolete. I found a new one, though, on find it parts.com for $989.

I don't think you're getting hosed at all. Welcome to the wonderful world of freightliner.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
If they are already two hours into it and they say three for a rebuild, let them rebuild the one you have.
You are looking at three hours for the rebuild plus the kit. That shouldn't be too bad. Labor at Freightliner should be under 100K.
Then again.....I forgot about "shop supplies";)

Last edited:

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
I hope the 'under 100k' was a typo. Never know with some of these dealers, though. Hahaha.....

move88888

Rookie Expediter
The part number you listed is a Horton fan clutch, and yes, it is obsolete. I found a new one, though, on find it parts.com for $989.

I don't think you're getting hosed at all. Welcome to the wonderful world of freightliner.

my bus the model: M1235 ;
the chasis is M2, body is bus
is it ok? is it right?
===
when the bus march up the steep slop, stop and march, the body will move back and then go ahead, so I think it is very danger!!! I want hold the bus 10 second when my foot switch from brake to gas. how to solve that? thanks lot

move88888

Rookie Expediter
is it ok? is it right?
===
when the bus march up the steep slop, stop and march, the body will move back and then go ahead, so I think it is very danger!!! I want hold the bus 10 second when my foot switch from brake to gas. how to solve that? thanks lot

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
is it ok? is it right?
===
Move your foot quicker.:D. And try and stay off of the steep slop.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using EO Forums mobile app

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
is it ok? is it right?
===

I agree with you..There is something very dangerous here. Just havnt put my finger on it yet.
DD has a good option above to help ya. Remeber for those really steep slopes you have 2 feet,,the body should catch up with the rest of the truck as you go over the top.
:D

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I hope the 'under 100k' was a typo. Never know with some of these dealers, though. Hahaha.....

100k does sound like a typo. 99k is probably more realistic.:cool:

As for the chassis moving faster the the truck body up a hill.....are you sure you are in a truck?

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Is that the air operated clutch ? I have a brand new one at my shop that Horton sent me when I was fighting over constantly breaking swivel fittings for the air line.