My Nephew

WJA

New Recruit
Driver
My nephew has the resources to become a fleet owner. I’m talking to him about just this. His father and my nephew will do due diligence. Do you think there is room for a 2 van start up?

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My nephew has the resources to become a fleet owner. I’m talking to him about just this. His father and my nephew will do due diligence. Do you think there is room for a 2 van start up?
For somebody that knows the business, possibly.
For a newbie, not a chance.
Sorry to be so blunt.
Everybody and their uncle thinks expediting is have van and drive.
It is not.

Reactions: danthewolf00

WJA

New Recruit
Driver
Not true, I’ve read so much here. I’m a great driver who has yet to get the chance. My nephew has a :censoredsign: ton of money. Trying to get him to bank roll me

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Because they don’t have the connections or cause they are new?
You may be working for this man one day
Not true, I’ve read so much here. I’m a great driver who has yet to get the chance. My nephew has a :censoredsign: ton of money. Trying to get him to bank roll me
I have a saw, does that mean I can build a house? No.
I have a wrench, does that mean I can fix a car? No.
I can change a light switch, does that make me an electrician? No.
Like I said, I don't mean to be so blunt, but there is a lot more to expediting than just driving.
My advice, spend some time driving for a fleet owner. Learn how the industry works.

Reactions: danthewolf00

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
This is a business that is not steady it acts more like a roller coaster.....do not try to do this as a stream of income unless you both understand it to its fullest. My advice is to learn the cargovan side of things then strait truck and even the semi side if you can because you will not survive if your just doing one kind of expedite.