my easy job.

cranis

Expert Expediter
Driver
My nice truck. I've been doing this for 6 plus years, after layoff from air frieght company. I travel all over just to drive and advertise for the big companies.
This is only 1 of many. Some of these areas are very frustrating.

View attachment 2755

Last edited:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
We know about the 'frustrating' areas, lol, but your job sounds pretty interesting - how does it work? Do customers 'redecorate' your truck? Do you have a route, or itinerary, or what? You just drive around, really? Why is that your 'nice' truck? What do the others look like? :)

tbubster

Seasoned Expediter
Maine for the longest time did not allow billboards along the highways.I remember a truck like this driving around portland alot its cool.

cranis

Expert Expediter
Driver
We know about the 'frustrating' areas, lol, but your job sounds pretty interesting - how does it work? Do customers 'redecorate' your truck? Do you have a route, or itinerary, or what? You just drive around, really? Why is that your 'nice' truck? What do the others look like?

Yes I am given a routing area, and told to drive 8 hrs a day.
As for the signs we the drivers have to stretch the vynels our selves. takes about 2 hrs for both sides. They are put on using straps and weigh about 80# a piece.
As to the 'nice' truck we have about 80 of them, but only 6 new 2008 trucks. I keep it well cleaned and make sure the truck is maintained.
I have been from atlantic to the pacific with this truck.
It is mostly city driving. except market to market area.

I am still considering getting out of this and go back to time sensitive/air cargo. Oh and by the way we also use logs for travel and have to record our in market time(which is our hotel locale.) like a locale driver. Also DOT cerified medically.

Last edited:

cranis

Expert Expediter
Driver
I still believe that these trucks are forbidden in maine also. it depends on the locals

cranis

Expert Expediter
Driver
Do It Out doors Media. Paid hrly on route plus some per diem and hotels in the working area. Usaully the ones with kitchenettes. Turn over is not that high now because of new and different hiring practices. Same owners since 1998 We also do different types of advertising. like the use of brand amasadors. That hand out flyers etc. sometimes on Segways. We have what we call permanant p/t drivers and temporary p/t drivers, which is meaning permanette drivers are sselected on performance and lenght of time a the company, to get the jobs.

cranis

Expert Expediter
Driver
I will do this until the job picks up or until I build a base account to get into something better.