Morgan bodies, personally not recommended

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
As part of my recent truck build I chose Morgan for the body because it could be taken care of in Houston with the rest of the build out. The order was handled by phone and email because that segment isn't in Houston. I am disappointed primarily in the customer service received, or more correctly stated not received, in the time following the delivery.

The body was ordered with two interior dome lights and arrived with only one. Not a huge thing but not what was expected. I ordered the body with four rows of etrack instead of the usual three. I specified one load bar and one load strap per row of etrack. The body arrived with one bar and one strap. I was only charged for one of each but that wasn't what was ordered. I was told by email on 11/28/05 that 2 more bars and straps would be sent out the next day at no charge, a good customer service gesture. A point in their favor for sure however as of yet they haven't arrived. I emailed and phoned to find out where they are and have waited a week now with no response from 2 different people at Morgan. I realize in the grand scheme of things my one truck body isn't a lot to a company that size however it is certainly important to me.

Leo Bricker, owner trucks 3034, 4958
OOIDA 677319
73's K5LDB
EO Forum Moderator 1+ Years of Service
Expediters Online.com - The Best is Getting Better!
-----
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

tazman

Expert Expediter
Just curious but did you contract with Morgan directly ?
Or did you buy the body as part of a complete unit from the truck dealer ???
Really the best way....
If the later is the case..then why did the dealer not handle this for you....?????
Or the distributor ???

Sounds like the quality of the product was not the issue, rather the quality of the handling of the mistake...

I sell a number of Morgan bodies every year and am about 60 miles from the main plant (Morgantown PA).....
My bodies are ordered through a local distributor locally (one of the top 5 in the country)
My point is that I have never had a problem with an order.
Morgan is on the most respected companies in this business (IMHO)
The quality of the boxes they build are excellent......many done buy hand.....
I'm open to offering to help you with this situation ....if you will provide me with your body serial number...I can contact them through my distributor.

Thanks,

Frank in Pa.

"The Beast in the East"

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The body was done direct with Morgan. The dealer just handled the paperwork and invoicing. You are correct that the body itself seems quite good but the follow-up and customer service isn't what I expect when spending over 12k. At this point I've already purchased a couple of good quality ratchet straps and will probably just buy load bars when I get a chance. If/when the promised ones show up I'll just have a couple of extras. I appreciate your kind offer and may call on you at some point.

OOIDA 677319
73's K5LDB
-----

tazman

Expert Expediter
Thanks hope it all works out....

Just as a side note.....I try to take ownership of the complete process on the vehicle for the order....as a dealer we deliver a complete vehicle...and my motto is: "If I ordered it...I get it fixed"...........

Missing E-tracks was a biggy...in my book...since you have cut in into the plywood to add extra rows if your box was lined...and that's a bit difficult...

Anyway good luck...

Send a picture of your unit...when you can

Frank in Pa.

"The Beast in the East"

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'll be uploading a pic as soon as the site will accept jpg's again. I got the 4 rows of etrack, it was just the bars and straps that were left out. I've already purchased a couple of straps and will be ordering bars pretty soon since my calls and emails to Morgan are being ignored.

OOIDA 677319
73's K5LDB
-----

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
If the dealer completed the sale he would have the most influence in obtaining your load bars and straps. If he invoiced it, then he is essentially the customer.
Hopefully they come through.
Be thankful it wasn't a engineering issue.

Davekc
owner
21 years
PantherII
EO moderator

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Always had good luck with Morgan.
After the initial hiccup, how was your Morgan experience?
Did you ever buy anymore ?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Wow, over 12 years ago already. That was the only build. My other trucks were already built and bought from the dealer's lot. It was a very good quality box.