More Americans convinced of climate change after extreme weather

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Look at the rate the Sahara is retreating. It's not taking 1000s of years. Zimbabwe is in southern Africa, and used to be the go-to for beef in Africa.

What's Greece's excuse for becoming a rocky mess? Spain's and Portugal's for becoming more of a desert? When you understand how soil works, yes, it's been happening for thousands of years... right along with agriculture.

Allan Savory may have seen the light, or dollar signs. Who knows? But you can't deny what Joel Salatin has shared. He's helped to create the new-old way to raising livestock. Gabe Brown is right with him. Gabe has . They might be out for money also, but what farmer isn't? That doesn't mean they don't care. The farmers who collect welfare are out for money, for sure. They're more likely to stick to the old ways if it means a heavy drought will send DC cash their way. If Joel and Gabe are willing to share their experience, and as a result start a farming revolution, then who can come up with something that says they're full of sheeit - and back it up?

The USDuh is on their train, educating farmers on good soil practices - many of which are very recent discoveries. It hasn't been long where the history of nature (herbivore mobbing) has been realized to help the plant and microbial life, which is soil health. It's easy to say it's meaningless to the grand scheme of things, because someone points out that things have happened over millions of years to change to where we are now. I say that's a big DUH. I say that's a big NO SHEEIT. But to say we have absolutely no impact to the way that the earth is going is to say a wrecking ball has no impact on a building. These people play kick the can. We can afford to - it's not our world in 100 years. But the stuff I talk about also has been proven to have a positive financial impact... and people will still play kick the can.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm starting a line of "WHAT WOULD GRETA DO?" inspirational dodads. I hope to have the first items available by Earth Day 2020. If not by then, certainly before the end of the world.
WWJD 4.jpgWWJD 5.jpg
WWJD 3.jpgWWJD 8.jpg

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Berkeley is the first city in the country and maybe even the world to ban natural gas in new construction because natural gas contributes to climate change. Homes will be all electric; electric stoves, heat and water heaters. I swear these people think electricity is magic. U.S. Cities Ban Natural Gas to Combat Climate Change; Gas Ranges on Chopping Block | The Weather Channel
No_Beans_Patch_1200x1200.png

• Haha
Reactions: Turtle

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
greta 500 pix.jpg

Congrats Gret! You made the cover of Time as Person Of The Year. Al Gore is praising you while seething that he never made the Time cover. He did get the Nobel Prize once and that had a cash payout. Greta will get no direct money from Time but she did receive a free E-subscription to Time for one year and her name entered into the Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes. Go Greta go!