Microsoft Offie Excel.

Jamin_Joe

Seasoned Expediter
Since I just got done making my spread sheet for this new venture and was wondering if anyone might need help doing to basics on Excel or the rest of office as well.

The most important tip is to backup your data often, keep one with you and try to keep a current copy at home just in case.

Freeware software is everywhere and a good website is Cnet's download.com, Be aware that public domain and freeware was written by amatures and may be unreliable due to not being completely tested,

Use security software and run the updated scans often,

Jamin_Joe

Seasoned Expediter
Google is a great resource, we used it for the churches out reach programs. One good thing about the advances with tehnology is that it makes useful tools availble to everyone. I wish we would have had todays technology when I was a kid.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
After getting my last laptop, I couldn't get to my computer "hook up" guy to load it up with the Office Suite.
So I downloaded Kingsoft's free "Spreadsheet" program.
So far I have no found it to be much at all than Microsoft Excel. There are a couple of little shortcut differences, but whoever wrote it was certainly aiming to make it a MS Excel clone. It works well for me.

Jamin_Joe

Seasoned Expediter
Cool. One thing I like about spreadsheets is the many features and short cuts.
With my trucking one, all that I have to due is update the current cost of things like fuel and miles and it updates all the columns automatically.