Michigan Antlerless Permits

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ok all you Michigan deer hunters. It is time to apply for your Michigan antlerless deer permits. The dead line for applications is August 15th.

Last edited:

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Feels or seems like it was almost still cold out a bit when I logged in here last and now,
Tis the season again:D (almost)
Sad part bout Mich in my opinion is the amount of doe permits allowed with over the counter sales,unless we have started to limit landowners now.Which I would be unaware of.
I got skunked last year and have seen a steady decline in our area. I ain't against taking a doe,,take two if ya need em to fill the freezer.Heck if ya need the meat shot one tonight for all I care,,I just think Mich DNR are leaning on the side of Insurance company's by stating the deer are over populated here.Something I dont is feel true and feel we need to change something.Once the herd is down and a really bad winter season sets it may be to late for recovery..
Im not a horn hunter by any means but I do hold off for the right piece of meat to take out of the woods..We got plenty of guns to fill our freezers so if one guy or girl gets one Its a we thing its treated as we all got one.
Again I aint trying to preach nothing here and I want everyone to have a successful season.
Just saying,,, go easy on the girls:p There are all ready to many professional hunts going in Michigan,Bought and paid for with money we dont have and yet the hunters are being restricted in new ways every year.