Metro Express America

keith111475

Seasoned Expediter
I read in a post that Metro Express America will let you haul for other carriers as well as them. Are they based out of MN, does anyone know anything about them?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
There is a Metro Expedite out of Saint Louis that I have done loads with. There is a Metro parcel out of Detroit as well. Not familiar with them. There are links on the homepage to both.

keith111475

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks, ive called metro parcel in Detroit they werent interested they told me i could only work for them. Im guessing it is the one out of MN thanks for the replies.

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
The Metro I am familiar with (here in Nashville anyway) is an airfreight / line haul operation offering discount P&D.
I had 2 trucks and a van with Complete Trans and Metro (contract) I did cause I was obligated to not cuz I wanted to..Jus sayin

rodeehos

Seasoned Expediter
there is metro express in st. louis, metro parcel in michigan, and metro expedite in athens, tn. there is an air freight/freight forwarder in nashville and many other cities.

turritrans

Expert Expediter
The company out of Mn has pulled a few loads for us. Craig is who I worked with over there and they do a good job. Cant speak to what type of program they offer.

rollincoal

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Metro Expedite from Athens, TN is a first class company IMO. They have clean late model equipment and the professionals I dealt with brokering out freight were easy to work with. Been a long time since I've worked with them but certainly they stick out in my mind as a cut above. This just from my one truck perspective working with all sorts of different brokers on a daily basis.

BiggMaNN59

Active Expediter
I have one van signed on one month ago with Metro Expeditors of Athens Tn. So far we like them but is slow like a lot of places. It has been 7 years since I've done this. Last time was with Panther and Express one. Had one van each. I live in Nebraska and hired a driver out of Indianapolis to run van. Plan on adding another driver to make a team and hope that helps with more miles.

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
Recruiter said they paid 80 percent of load, but only average 80cpm for c/v(sometimes lower to remain "competitive" wth)....which means they are bidding $1 pm or lower. Stay away imho.

deadhead

Veteran Expediter
Landstar Express Am does care anything but there pay checked each week ..ie I hoping the get back in the game but I've been hoping for a long time........