Met an owner op who does some interesting things

bigshow345

Seasoned Expediter
I met an owner op who requires his drivers who drives his trucks to carry 3 log books. One to show to the "man" one for the accounting people, and one for him to keep at his home office if he gets audited.

Just got one thing to say

Ohh hell no

Then I heard from my legal people that their is something called csa score. Is that like the fmcsa saftey records like they use to do? Kinda like another dac services report?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I met an owner op who requires his drivers who drives his trucks to carry 3 log books. One to show to the "man" one for the accounting people, and one for him to keep at his home office if he gets audited.

Just got one thing to say

Ohh hell no

Then I heard from my legal people that their is something called csa score. Is that like the fmcsa saftey records like they use to do? Kinda like another dac services report?

you are kidding? Right?....you've been a member here this long and never heard of CSA?
Many, many, many threads on the topic....

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
What OVM said.
Also, there is no reason whatsoever for a fleet owner [person who owns more than one truck, as opposed to an owner operator, who drives the truck he owns] to have a driver submit copies of their logbook to him/her.
Somebody's BS meter needs a tuneup.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Having one's own authority is an area I'm not real familiar with, but wouldn't the logs kept by the aforementioned 'accounting people' be sufficient in case of an audit? :confused:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Accounting people may be his payroll people.
Logs are required to be at the home office.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I agree. But I would start with everyone who has replied to this thread :D

Yep. But if I hadn't replied, I wouldn't have learned why an owner might need copies of a driver's logs, and learning stuff [even if it seems irrelevant & useless stuff] is never wasted time, IMO.
Getting the last word is, though, so it's all yours now. :D

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Yep. But if I hadn't replied, I wouldn't have learned why an owner might need copies of a driver's logs, and learning stuff [even if it seems irrelevant & useless stuff] is never wasted time, IMO.
Getting the last word is, though, so it's all yours now. :D

Actually, I think you and Zorry took me wrong. I think the OP is BS'ing.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I meant the OP - Rocketman is smart enough to fix a toilet, and in my book, that's several pay grades above driving. ;)

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Yeah..Rocketman is so smart he sets his GPS to go to Isis from the yard....LOL>>>>>>Exit stage right!
Bad part is...it's the opposite. I don't know how many times I drove right past the driveway at the yard before I finally learned it...lol. I still miss the back entrance nearly every time. That's Logisitcs! Making John proud! :D

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Bad part is...it's the opposite. I don't know how many times I drove right past the driveway at the yard before I finally learned it...lol. I still miss the back entrance nearly every time. That's Logisitcs! Making John proud! :D

Back entrance is the driveway between the blue awnings. ;)

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Even if we had our MC number we wouldn't let someone run with three log books. It's not worth the risk if a driver gets in an accident. Keeping it legal is the best way to go.